I want to build up my body, but I am not sure how to exersize when dealing with weight lifting. Should I anyway stretch first?

Of course you have to make a stretching. If not, you can injure yourself! Make at least half hour stretching. Stretch the muscles you are working on: arms, legs and do not forget to stretch your back! Stretching is very important!

I have just joined a gym and will have a personal trainer for 12 weeks. The first thing she told me is that you are NOT supposed to stretch before weight lifting or exercising. You should do a Warm-up. This would be a 5minute walk, bike for 5 min or just free form dance....AFTER your work out/weight lifting session...Then you should stretch for as long as you have time for....I hold the suggested 15 seconds for 30 or 40 seconds and at first I felt that I was not working hard enough because I wasn't having much pain the day after...you know "No pain, no gain!" Well, my trainer and other friends that lift weights said that the more I stretch, the less pain I will feel..