HI EVERYBODY.  I AM 14 AND A HALF AND I REALLY WANT TO WEIGHT LIFT because it is a good exercise for growing muscles ,so can i lift or would it stunt growth , and i usually lift 6kg in each hand from 60-80 time and you should notice that my weight is 53 KG  and my height is 162 CM, so would it harm me in anyway ,or harm my growth and i sometimes after training and when doing nothing get low back pains so what shoulld i do and please reply ?

hey the one,

the basic answer to your question is that you are fine to lift weight. but just go slow and dont lift to much at once. start off with low weight and build your self up. this will help minimize your chances of injuring yourself.  also how far into puberty are you? do you have any body hair or anything like that. if you are early in puberty your body is going to be growing more and your body will be affected by heavy weight lifting more. if you are farther alopng in puberty and have already grown some and your muscles have develped more you will be able to lift more weight to start off with.

another thing is that you mentioned that your back will hurt sometimes.  this is due to improber lifting which can cause bad cronic back problems if continued,

so make sure you know the CORRECT way to lift all the different types of weights and always lift with your legs never your back.

i hope this helps and if you have any other questions just ask.

thanks :cool:

It is great that you want to start weight lifting! Done correctly and safely, it will only benefit your health and give you confidence. 

Just start slowly. Don't use machines for now but only free weights, and start with high reps on lower weights. Don't neglect cardio, and look into healthy eating that meets the nutritional needs of a physically active person. Most importantly of all, make sure that you are supervised by someone who knows what they are doing and can give you all the advice you need regarding technique and everything else. If you do all that, you will not experience any negative side effects of weight training and can only benefit.

the pain when you dont do anything is from tightness not improper form. Stretch daily after you lift and it will ease off.

well i hit puberty a over a year ago and i lift weights with my back bent while i am sitting so do you know the propper way for lifting weight? and please tel so the pain would go off. and tell me the right position for lifting weights :D

well it depends what types of lifting your doing. what body parts you want to streangthen. they all have different ways to lift. if you go online and google search proper weight lifting techniques you will find alot of information.    i may be able to give you the names of some of the types of lifts if you tell me what parts of your body you want to stengthen

well  mainly and the number one muscle i want to grow are my arms so it would be awesome if u tell me the propper ways for not getting harmed or back pain

and than my stomache ....:D

well it wil be much easier to understand if you look up exercises online as there are pictures available to let you know how to lift correctly.  good exercises for arms are bicep curls, tricep extensions, pull downs , push-ups, shoulder press and dumbell workouts.

ab exercises are sit-ups, crunches and there are machines in most wieght rooms which are used to strengthan your abs. online you will find TONS of variations on the basic crunches and sit-ups.

good luck let me know how it goes.

It shouldn't stunt your growth as long as you eat plenty. Keep in mind that exercise and building muscle burns calories and uses up protein. So does growing, so you must eat more to compensate for that.

Gymnasts are a good example of people whose growth may be stunted as they do a great deal of exercise in combination with extreme dieting to keep their weight down.

My age is 14 and i am lifting weights.. 6kg on each hand..Does it will effect on my height