So i got a hernia and the funny thing was it wasnt from lifting any weights. Anyways i went to the doctor doctor told me have a very slight case of it. My question is? I work out 4-5 times a week doing heavy lifting. Is it still ok to work out while you have one? Doctor said it was ok , as long as my breathing is proper but i want some other opinions on it.

Hernias rarely develop by weight lifting. It is people who sit in their chairs all day long and then try to move a sofa or other heavy stuff that get hernias.

If your doctor said you are ok with exercising, you probably are. However, not everybody with hernias can exercise. This is where the doctors' decision comes in.

You can even ask her/him if you need a truss so that you can exercise.

In case you experience pain in the hernia area or in central abdomen, or pain that comes and goes, it means you need to call your doc right away.

It could indicate hernia strangulation.

It seems that I have also developed a hernia. I lift heavy weights twice a week. Killa, you say you lift four to five times a week? If I might offer you a tip, you'll see bigger gains in muscle growth if you work out less. You need time to heal in order to grow. Lift only once or twice a week, and you'll not only be bigger but stronger too. As for my problem, I really don't want to see a doctor about it. It seems minor, so I hope in time it will go away. But odds are that it will only get worse.