I was working out the other day, and I think I tried to lift too much weight. I got that feeling in my head, like if you've screamed too loud, where it feels like a pressure in my skull.

I've been lifting for a few years now, but I've just recently been getting really in to increasing weight.

Is this something I should be worried about?

I had that when I lifted weights - be aware that you could have high blood pressure and shouldnt lift lots of weight. Stick with cardio work outs and lose weight if you have to. Check out your BP with your doctor before your next session. Dont forget to eat an hout before training - your blood sugar will be just right then too. Hope this helps. ;-)

Im no expert....but I had this problem....I finally talked to someone and they said to try an increase my potassium levels...all i did was add a banana to my diet for breakfast...seemed to fix the problem

Hmm. I had this problem for the first time yesterday. A small pin prick pain that lead to a headache and just a weird feeling. I never get headaches. It came back again today when i did some more weights so had to drop all my weight amounts n do smaller sets. Cant be pottassium as i ate bananas before hand. SOmone suggested i may have bust a blood vessel in my head? %-)

Same here, I'm only 15 but i've been working out for 4 yrs, I'd stop working out this past winter cause i didn't want to get sick(Weight bench outside) and lately I started again, I was trying to bench for reps how much I did last time before It got cold which was 185lbs, And later that evening I tried to do the usual pushups when I got a crazy pain in my head, Then I tried to do military press and it happened again! I'm aware its hot but i always work out in the heat. Am I benching too much? Am I not supposed to go all the way down to 1" above chest? Please help, I have nothing better to do over the summer break, I don't want to let this go!

I have a massive pain when I tried to lift after being successful for 6 weeks. Now it won't go away after waiting a day. I don't get this when I run only when I lift and have to breath out forcefully. I eat nannas everyday and take a multivitamin and drink tons of water. Its like once this happens it takes weeks for it go away. I had this problem once in HS and now its back. DAMN. This really destroys my confidence. I stopped immediately tonight because I know if I push it the pressure just stays longer and immediately went to CVS to take my Blood Pressure and it was 133/69. So not too high, but I dunno, I need to know more people have this problem.

It's a really haunting problem.  I've been lifting weights for about 3 months and recently have increased.  It seems the higher the weight used the more head pain I get.  I'm hydrated, breathing correctly, but I can certainly feel the strain I'm putting on my head - I guess that's it.  I hope to visit a doctor soon.

I have been lifting and putting down stepping stones 12" x 12" x 2 1/2" and I have also noticed head pressure beginning to happen after having corn chips 20 minutes before working......and the head pressure has happened 4 times while I have been doing this work,..... but this time .....when I felt it coming on..... I stopped work ..... started walking and drank a little water off and on during my walking in the yard and I would say it was about 7 blocks I walked..... then I came in and massage my head and then cover my head to keep it warm and took an aspirin with a full glass of warm water ....and rested in quietness and I now feel o.k. in 90 min.

im only 13 lifting 70 pounds and i switched to 40 pounds n now im getting bad headeachs

thats alot to do in 90 minutes.

it's because . you ain't lifting the weight with the designated muscles- you are using ur head to lift that weight too, try going down in weights