Dear Sir/Madam
First of all I wish to congratulate you for the website. It is very informative.
I am nine weeks pregnant and for the last few days I am having a really strange thought. I am imaging that my child is not from my husband in which I am 100% sure of having neither any affairs nor had any sex with anybody else except my husband. Is this normal of having this kind of bad dreams/thoughts during pregnancy? As having this silly imagination is making myself really sad and sometimes I feel like I am being a bad mother and am being obsessed re this?

Thank you for the advice
Best regards
D.C

Actually this and MANY other strange and weird/frightening dreams are VERY normal for pregnant women! Due to the rise in hormones, they play havoc on our minds! Thus the over emotional bits, where we cry at the drop of a hat! The irritability, the paranoia etc. As long as there is ZERO chance of this baby not being anyone elses, it's just a totally normal - yet irritating - part of pregnancy! You will also notice more intense and longer dreams and some - including myself - mention more vivid colors!!! You start having "Mothers Ear" Where you can hear a pin drop! Your sense of smell, taste, touch, hearing, are ALL incresed, sometimes your vision will even change! So enjoy it when it is a good thing, and just disregard it when it is a bad thing!

NOW IF this continues = which I REALLY DOUBT - after baby is born, you will need to see a professional! But I wouldn't worry about that, because everything sounds totally normal OK? Good luck and health to both of you!! And Congratulations!

Dear dt79,

I am so glad that I stumbled across this forum because I myself have been having the same irrational feeling!
and here I thought I was the only one! I like you, am a million percent certain that I have been completely faithful to my husband since the day we met, but I cant shake this strange thought! If I werent pregnant right now, I know I wouldnt be feeling this kind of guilt and anxiety because I know that I have always been faithful. I thought bambi27`s response was excellent and helpful, but have you ever seen a doctor about this and if so would you be able to tell me what they said. Are you still having these thoughts and if not when and how did they go away. any help at all would be appreciated since I would love to be able to stop obsessing over this irrational thought and move on to enjoy my pregnancy. I hope to hear from you soon! I feel better knowing that I am not the only one with this strange thought, and i hope you also find comfort in knowing you are not alone as well :-)

Kind Regards,

Blondie 85

Yes it's normal. Especially for a first time mother. As the delivery days gets closer all sort of fears and worries are expressed in different ways. Some start to clean, others have weird day dreams or dreams. I had dream similar where I was trying to convince the doctors that I needed to take a DNA test to prove I was the mother. (I'm blond) she when I told me husband he put it down to me being blond.

I didn't have a dream about cheating I had a dream of our neighbour - in our old apartment building - going off the wall and stabbing my husband!!!!! It was SO real I woke up screaming and crying and I BEGGED my husband not to go out of the house! He told me after I was SO convincing that he was on edge the entire day!!! A Few days later the same man actually went over the edge, and we had to call in his preist to help him! He didn't hurt anyone thank god! BUT I was on edge the entire time! It was terrible!!!! And my husband suffered the worst from it! ;-) o.O XD POOR GUY!!!!

Another time I dreamed the WHOLE night about my 2 kids - 1 little girl and a little boy! When I woke up I MISSED them ALL day! I was in such a state at work, and then when my husband came home I started crying and sobbing and saying "I MISS MY KIDS!!!!!!" :'( :'( :'( :'( I was inconsolable! The weird thing was that I have 2 boys but they look JUST like "MY KIDS!!!" It is amazing how much our dreams - ESPECIALLY when we are pregant - are! So don't worry guys! They ARE YOUR babies!!!! Good luck and health to all! And SWEET DREAMS!!!!

Hi There,Im new to this site...me Too is having the exact same Thought that maybey husband is not father of baby although i cant see how this can be ..but however before married 2 years ago me and my husband wernt getting along. we split up and i dated someone for a month we did not have sex...however we rubbed on eachother and me still wearing knickers he came on me..maybey this is why im having such a starnge thought but this was 2 years ago and this was a very much planned pregnancy which we want very much ...however i am now 5 months pregnant and it wont stop playing in my head!!can someone please help me or if youve gotten through it how did it stop??

I'm having the same crazy thought. I found out that I was pregnant at the begging of April and was so excited! It was just the other day when this thought crossed my mind and I can't shake it. I did not cheat on my husband so theres no chance hes not the father -and didn't even have this thought until I started having bad anxiety and depression - any suggestions for how you've been dealing w it - I'm 10 weeks

How did you get over this?

I am going through the same thing now and am desperate for advice. I would love to get in contact with you

I am struggling with this tremendously right now. If you are still an active member and there is anyway for us to get in touch about how you dealt with this situation, I'd greatly appreciate it. I hope you were able to overcome this. Thank you so much!

I think I already posted this, but am new to this site.  Sorry if it's a repost.  I am desperate right now. I am struggling with this tremendously right now. If you are still an active member and there is anyway for us to get in touch about how you dealt with this situation, I'd greatly appreciate it. I hope you were able to overcome this. Thank you so much!

Hi there shanon,unfortunatley for me I didn't really get over it..even though my daughter was born healthy and looks just like her dad!I ended up taking a dna test to keep my mind at rest and the result was he was the father!but then started obsessing weather it was real the dna test!sad I did this too myself but my daughter is 6 months and I'm on medication and doing cbt!hang in there!!

Can I ask how you are coping with this now? Any info would be great as I am also struggling with this. The thoughts do disappear for awhile but then have a tendency to come back unexpectedly. I am struggling immensely with this at the moment. 

011202 wrote:

Shann0330 wrote:

if you want *Warning! Do not post your e mail address!* and i will tell you a bit more there