To the experts, For the past month I have been experiencing the following symptoms: * Tender breasts, both nipples and surrounding breast * Nausea when hungry, especially in the morning * Frequenct urination 8 times a night sometimes * Frequenct farting (I rarely fart typically) * Browning of the region around my nipples * Nipples are somewhat enlarged * Breasts a getting too large for my bra * Slight but noticeable buldge in my belly, it's solid, not fatty (I weigh 105 lbs normally and have a small frame) * Emotional, crying from the TV shows, I typically do not cry often * Odd sounds and certain colors make me nauseated * Strange cravings, German pickles with Chinese food is delicious together Now what I do not have: * Have NOT missed a period (periods have all been normal) * I do not have any pain in my abdomen or sides * Pregnancy tests all are negative * I was not on the pill and use no contraceptive whatsoever * I have not taken any hormones at all * I am not using any drug, not even coffee or alchohol * I do not have any sexually transmitted diseases (I was recently checked and my husband too) So, I have heard many stories of mother's receiving a negative pregnancy test over a period of months. I have also heard of mothers having their regular menstruation cycle 7 or more months into their pregnancy. However, I cannot find any expert or doctor to explain why this is. I have not gone to the doctor yet to have a blood test. Before I do so, I want to know how it is possible that a woman can have regular menstruation, a negative pregnancy test and still be pregnant with all the other symptoms. Thanks, Vineta

There are occasional cases where a pregnancy is not detected by urine test, and sometimes woman can still bleed in a monthly cycle during pregnancy. However, to get a combo of the two would be exceedingly rare. The easiest way to know for sure is to go to the doctor for a blood test as that is 100% accurate.

Hi! I have almost the SAME thing happening to me now.

Did you take a blood test?? If so, what did you find out!

Thanks.

I'm replying to the posted message about not knowing if you are opregnant or not. I was 13 weeks pregnant with twins when I finally managed to get a blood test that showed I was pregnant. I had had normal periods for the first 2 months and the due date had to be calculated by a scan.
Now I am trying to get pregnant again and feel sick and tired, but am menstruating and have negative tests again. I'm pretty sure I'm pregnant, but can't confirm until I get to have a bloodtest, potentially middle of next week when my doctor finally has a free appointment!
It is reassuring to hear that others have the same problems, but can a test to cover us weirdly systemed people not be produced commercially?
CAW

I was prego a year ago and i had twins, but i lost them . But i didn't know that i was prego at first because i had my menstruation, 4 the first 8 weeks i looked at my self and i was getting bigger, felt harder in my bely. I got all the sintoms of pregnancy. The first 3 prego test were negative but when i did one last one it was possitive. But the week after i had my menstru and went 2 Doctor and they said " Congradulation U R Pregnant"and i told him it can't be i am in my menstruation.

I am replying because I too think I am in a similar situation. I have done 4 urine tests which have all been negative and 1 blood test which also came up as negative. I know it sounds odd however 10 years ago I found out I was pregnant when I was 6 months along. I was on birth control pills, we used a condom, I had every period. I had an internal when I must have been about 2 months and tested negative with a urine test at the beginning. I had no symptoms, no weight gain, the only thing that seemed odd during the time was that I woke up one morning with breasts (I went from a 32A to a 36C virtuslly overnight). My doctor said that it was late development as I had been extremely premature. When I finally found out, it was because when going in for a refill of my birth control pill I mentioned to my doctor that I had a very small lump in the lower left region of my abdomen that wouldn't go away. He tapped my stomach a couple of times and stated I was pregnant, he thought only a couple of months but an ultra sound proved otherwise. Needless to say I am heading to my doctor this week to request an ultra sound. I have been nauseous sporatically throughout every day for going on 2 and a half months now, have been absolutely exhausted for the same time frame. My breasts and nipples have become enlarged and sensitive, my abdomen s little swollen and my hips and thighs a little thick. My period was really really light last month, I was thinking I wasn't going to get it this month but I got it this morning. I guess we'll see what happens with an ultra sound. Anyway, to all those who beleive it impossible to menstruate throughout pregnancy and have repeated negative results I am proof positive that, although rare, it can happen. Good luck to you and I hope, no matter how you would like your situation to go, you are happy with your outcome.

I am currently going through the same thing. I don't have many symptoms, but there are a few and I've had a baby before and I just feel pregnant. I took two tests a couple days after my period was late and they were both negative. A couple days later my period started, and I'm not due for my next one yet, but I just have a feeling the tests might have been wrong. My mom tested negative four or five times when she was pregnant with me, but I don't know if that would make it more likely for it to happen to me. Did any of you end up being pregnant?

my positive symptoms:

* I had lost of pregnancy symptoms for the last 3 and a half weeks
* I had a positive test quite early on
* I still feel nauseous and sensitive towards food
* I still have lower back ache

negative:

* I have had a few negative test after that positive
* I am bleeding at menstruation time

positive thoughts:

* i had period type bleeding in my second pregnancy
* other women have had this and have still been pregnant
* I have tried to ignore my symptoms but cant

negative thoughts:

* am I holding onto false hope?
* is this a normal period?
* have I had a chemical pergnancy?

I will come back and let you know eaither way...

thanks

Hi there I deliberately googled this topic to find out if I am the only one in the world thinking it can't be.
My partner has had a bisectomy years back, however I do not use contraceptives. About 6 to 8 weeks ago we really got busy and my menustartion was delayed by a week. During that time I was nausas, tired-lazy, craving etc. After my period, I woke up a few nights feeling nausus and having to go to the bathroom to spit pre-vomitting but not actually vomiting.
I have still ruled out pregnancy, however, I am beinging to feel a movement in my abodmen on my left. I have two other children and I spoted a bit with the first. My period is not very heavy and I thought maybe I was not taking enough liquids or getting older perhaps.
I have not done any tests because I thought it would be rediculous.
My breats are firm and I am having to loosen my clothes around my waist, and there is a movement.
I am worried as I feel I am just being hopeful and don't want to be disappointed. I have had two periods so far since I felt pregnant? What do I do?

I am in almost the same boat as you. A year ago today, I had a tubal ligation. The past few months I have not been feeling myself. I have been nautious especially after eating just like my two pregnancys before. I have been menstruating, but the last few weeks I have been feeling movement in my abdomen. I feel the same way. I don't want to take a test for feeling stupid. I have a swollen abdomen, but have only gained a few pounds. I only gained 14lbs with my other children. Please keep us posted on your outcome. I am wondering if my test would even show a positive with me menstruating every month.

Until I found this website I was putting my thoughts at the back of my mind.
For the past few weeks I have been feeling extremely tired, heavy, peckish. I have
lower back pain most of the last month and have been putting it down to sitting all day in
my job ( like a repetitive strain injury kind of thing).
My period is usually average lasting approx 4 days, the past two or 3 periods have been extremely light
and only lasting 2 days. My last period was late by almost a week. I had just told my partner, then it came the next day.
I had put it all down to the stress of the thoughts of packing up our home to move house, but now I'm wondering could
I be pregnant.
I have one child already. With her it was a pretty normal pregnancy, missed period, went off some foods, etc. Found out
I was pregnant after couple weeks.
I did a pregnancy test couple months ago after this all started and it was negative.
My stomach feels heavy, quite hard some days and not so much other days. I feel like I have a cannon ball in my lower
back most days.
Could I be pregnant? I feel it might be a case of wishful thinking too. I'm not trying as my partner is not ready for it yet and financially
I would rather wait.
Looking forward to replies.

I am wondering the same...

symptoms:
Nausea
I am on a six week cycle for my period for the last 12 weeks.
this last week I felt an odd sensation in my stomach
very gassy
odd dreams from those close to me about a baby
tender and sore breasts
blue lines appearing in the area around my nipples
weird cravings like PB M&Ms, cucumbers and tomatoes, pancakes(I hate them usually)
People close to me have nausea at same time I do
Frequent urination
Hardening belly that is kinda sticking out
Gained 3 pounds in about a weeks time

Negative Signs:
Started menstruating this week
Negative urine test result in June when this all started

Not sure what to do now. All the people closest to me think I am but IDK. I am glad to see I am not the only one with these problems!

Hi, I also googled this topic to see what was going on. Every month my periods last about 6 days with 4 of moderate to heavy bleeding. This month, it was 3 or 4 hours of moderate bleeding, and 2 days of spotting. For two weeks prior I felt sick, never actually vomitted but came VERY close. Everything I tried to eat or drink, and everything I smelled, made me want to throw up. I've never been pregnant before, but have been trying for a few years. I have taken 2 otc tests, the first being a very definite negative, and the one I took this morning, I thought there was a faint line...but I'm afraid it's my imagination, because it is very barely there. Maybe I'm just seeing where the line is supposed to be? What do I do? I feel stupid going to the doctor when I just had my period (or some kind of form of it). Someone please give me some advice!!!

I CAN'T BELIEVE WHAT I'VE READ! I was convinced I was losing my mind, but to read all these other women who have/are experiencing the same symptoms, feelings, etc. meanwhile having regular (or semi-regular) menstrual cycles, maybe I should trust my gut (no pun intended). I've been tempted to make an appointment and just get the blood test, but just knew I would sound moronic and crazy telling the doctor "hey, I just *feel* pregnant for such and such reasons... but my periods are regular (within a few days of schedule) and I took a test that came out negative". Now I'm a little less hesitant to just do it. I am SO GLAD I found this page, thank you all!

Hey ladies am a man actually doing this research for my wife and I. I am doing it because I do not want her to be disappointed so am playing it down. However about seven months ago my wife started vomiting the morning of her menstruation so excitedly we did a pregancy test and it was negative. We waited and the following month she also had her menstruation however lightly so we did a second test, which was also negative. As a result we visited the doctor and he did a test and observed a faint second line. however a week after she woke up bleeding and that was the end it. During August I deliberately tried, in that I prevented myself from ejaculating four days prior to her expected date of ovulation and started having sex the day before, so I was observing her for the period (this is all unknown to her) so at the end of August she menstruated as usual so it was only I who was some what disappointed. But in early September I had to go away for two weeks and when I returned she looked totally different, with her bust large and she even gained some weight. At the end of September her menstruation came days before she expected and lightly too. Infact it only came for three days unlike the usual five. However apart from that there is absolutely no symptoms not even frequent urination. Hey am not comfortable doing this but am just trying to contain disappoint if there is any to just me.