I am currently entering my second trimester of my first pregnancy... Prior to conception, I was an avid weed smoker. Now, I have cut down to maybe 3 or 4 blunts a week. I have done a lot of research on the short and long term affects marijuana use has on a child after birth but none have featured scenarios from actually mothers who smoked during their pregnancy. If you are a woman who used marijuana early or throughout your pregnancy, please give insight. How did it affect your baby's birth weight, height, organ development? Was your baby born healthy? Did your baby psychologically develop well? How old is your child now and how healthy is he/she? Please help ! =)

Hello Guest and others don't judge me, I am answering a question for someone in need. 

So my daughter is 2.5yrs now and I also am avid marijuana smoker and have for years - I have an autoimmune disease and I have a medical marijuana card.  Before, during and after my pregnancy I smoked - it helped my nausea, my appetite, and to sleep.  I did slow down in the last trimester as the most important trimester for brain development, slowing down did not mean I quit though.  I had a healthy pregnancy, the only concern that there ever was that at 40 weeks I measured only 32 - 34 weeks pregnant, she came out overdue at 6.7lbs.  She is still petite but is she is soooo smart - in other words it did nothing developmentally to her at all, if anything it made her smarter.  My husband was even fine with all this too.  When I breastfed I would usually wait to smoke after I had fed her instead of toking up before - my milk lasted only 6mths but I know that happens whether you smoke or not.

In other words, I did not have any ill effects on me or my daughter.  We are fine.  We do own a volcano vaporizer which is healthier than smoking joints.

Hope this helps and if you have any other questions do not be shy to ask them.