I've been feeling strange about my runs lately and I think I've figured it out. My right foot underpronates and my left foot seems neutral. I need to find a place where I can get a pair of shoes that will take care of each foot. So far, I have had no luck. Please give your suggestions of where I can find shoes to fit my feet. Thanks a lot, and I'll reply to your suggestions.

underpronation and nuetral?

sounds like you need cushion shoes.

I mean, that's what they are for.

anyone else that's a shoe expert have an opinion?

By "underpronating" do you mean "supinating"? You're not giving us enough information. Do you have symptoms besides "feeling strange"? There are lots of shoes for feet like yours. Run in many before you buy. Supinating feet tend to have high rigid arches and need cushion, but heavier runners still need stability. Lighter runners who cannot one-legged stand for more than 30 seconds need stability. Nike Air in its infinite versions can be good for your type of feet, especially the more stable shoes they make. Is your right leg shorter than your left leg? By how much (measured from the medial malleolus to the anterior superior iliac spine)? Does you right foot have a higher, more rigid arch? The kind of information you're looking for may require a lot more information, but generally speaking, supinators need cushioned soles, and pronators need stiff soles with a staighter last. Sounds like you need something cushioned with a bit more stability, but less than a pronator would.

You guys seem to know your stuff. I do mean supination in my right foot. Also, I believe that my right leg is a little shorter than my left leg. My right foot does have a higher arch. As far as being more rigid, I'm not sure what that entails, so I don't know.

I'm thinking that I need a normal shoe for the left foot and one that supports my arch better on my right, but that's just what seems to be a possible solution. As far as my right leg being longer than my left leg, I thought that I might need a special shoe, possibly with a thicker sole, so that my right leg can absorb the shock of running better.

Would inserts perhaps help? (Just a clueless Kate asking a question...please be gentle...)

I'm using one in my right running shoe right now and it is heaps better than without. Although, it is not good enough. My right foot and leg still seem to receive too much shock from running.

All I can think of is since the feet are each different I would go to a running store and get properly fitted if you haven't already and get fitted for custom orthotics maybe.

I agree with Jacked Up. Go to a local specialty running store and talk to them. If the staff doesn't seem knowledgeable, go to a different one.