I m new here and hoping someone has some advice for me. I will be running a half-marathon on June. I only started running again in January. Yesterday I went to the chiropractor because of an on-going pain in my lower back (ok... It s really my butt). My chiropractor said my sacral joint was unaligned. She can align again, but it is caused but my pronating step... So unless I get orthotic inserts, the pain will return. I have no problem getting orthotic inserts I figured I needed them as I ve had issues in the past; the running just accentuated them. My question is, what do I do about my half-marathon? Even if I get fitted for orthotic inserts today, I won t get them for a couple of weeks. That leaves me with maybe 2 weeks of training with them. Should I wear them for the half-marathon or just skip it and hope for the best? HELP!

A whole lotta that decision should probably be based on just how bad it hurts you to run without orthotics.

I know that when I break down to go to the Dr., something REALLY has to hurt and that I should probably stop what's causing the problem. Little aches and pains I just work my way through.

Welcome to the forums! :wavey:

I would say no way to trying to adapt your running to the orthodics in two weeks. You will be changing how you body functions and you need to do that slowly, you should cut back your training while you get used to running with them as well.

Umm...yeah. If you do decide to get the orthotics and you do decide to run the half marathon. Don't wear your orthotics during the race.

13 miles of running with wedges of plastic shoved in your shoes is a bad idea. Your feet/body will take a while to get used to them.

Thanks for the feedback!