What type of shoe insert would you recommend for arch support? The arch support in my shoes just isn't cutting it and the top the tops of my feet are hurting. I know I could move onto a new shoe, but these shoes are still in pretty good shape with about 275 miles on them.

i wear a custom orthotic with great arch support and i can not imagine going without; my arch is super high. i know there are lots of arch supports in stores, just don't know a name, sorry. i'm here to tell ya it makes a world of difference in your footing though. hope you find one that works.

well, if you have high arches, like I do, I'd reccommend a "cushion" shoe.

I've never had a foot problem, and have very high arches.

other than that, :shrug:

I'm in search of some good insoles myself. I've bought one of everything at Wally World so far. Trial and error sucks. I'd probably save money by just biting the bullet and getting custom made ones.

Do it. I learned the hard way too. :|

If you can afford it, get custom orthotics. I have horribly flat feet, so it has made all the difference for me. They can cost a lot - mine were about CND$350 - but I no longer have any pain in my feet (well, no more pain than could be expected after a long run!). It was a very good investment.

That being said, my wife - whose has very high arches - just bought some $20 Dr Scholl's orthotic inserts, and they have done wonders for her.

Good luck!

I honestly believe that if you are a runner and have any type of foot problem, you need to bite the bullet and get the customized orthotic. Believe me it is worth it! Otherwise, go to a quality running shoe store and tell them your problem. They are usually pretty helpful and have seen all types of feet. Good luck!