Hi, I have a strong tingling pain in my left foot, on the tip of the foot between third and fourth toe. I started feeling the pain after twisting my ankle on the stairs three months ago, the ankle healed well and I recovered very well but the pain in the toes remained and it even increased in intensity in the last week or so. Although I twisted my ankle I continued wearing shoes with high heels, my doctor said it was OK to do that after the ankle swelling disappeared. One of my friends said that my pain has to do with the fact that I have flat feet. Is that true what am I supposed to do?

Tingling and pain between your third and fourth toe could be the sign of a condition called Morton’s neuroma. What happens is that a nerve in your foot gets pressed against a ligament and the ground when you walk. That causes irritation of the nerve and its enlargement. It becomes too sensitive to stimulations from the outside causing the pain. The condition is worsened by wearing high heels and having flat feet. If youre wearing high heels you put more pressure on the front of your foot than usual causing even more pain and irritation. The treatment of such condition is surgical, resection of the pressed nerve is necessary to reduce the pressure and to decrease the irritation to it. Also you’re going to have to change your shoes to flat shoes if you want to avoid further problems with your feet. For further treatment and advice you should visit your orthopedist or general practitioner.

I recently had Morton's Neuroma, but have somehow been cured of it.

I am not sure how I actually cured it, but I am much better today than I have been for about three weeks.

First, I prayed alot. Then I saw a pidiatrist and tried Celebrex, but that did not work. I also bought new Ascics shoes, which have a good toe-box and also removable inserts. These helped a bit, so I then saw a orthotic lab to get an orthotic fitted for my foot.
After I received the orthotic, I also started soaking my foot in hot water for long periods of time, letting the water pour down on the foot, until the water would run out of hot water (not burning, but hot enough to feel a slight tingle and turn my foot red).
After a few days, the orthotic seemed to create pains in other places, so I would leave my shoe off as much as possible. I started playing with toe-inserts, messaging my foot, moving the joints around, and massaging my nerves.

Today, after a week, my pain is about 95% gone. I am not sure how, but it is. Here is what I think helped.

The hot water, the new shoes, the massaging of the foot, and the toe-spacing inserts, that I wore when I had my shoes off. Also in addition to all of this, I would stretch my foot around, rotate it at the ankle, pull back the toes, scrunch my toes, scrunch and rotate my foot, etc. I did this inbetween massaging my foot. This has helped the most.

I am not a doctor, but do know how I feel and what I did. So, consider these exercises and see if anything workds for you.