I'm looking for the best doctor for a revision rhinoplasty. I had my primary rhinoplasty 7 years ago and from the day the bandages came off I hated it - add to that I cannot breath. The doctor made my nose much too small when all I wanted was a bump smoothed out. I also said "do not change the tip of my nose" but he ended up taking out to much and now I have a lot of scar tissue.

So now I'm looking for someone to help with breathing and to make my nose look normal. I have had consults with Dr. Constantian in NH, Dr. Fechner in Worcester and Dr. Bentkover in Worcester. Right now I'm leaning toward Fechner but I really feel like a need a few more opinions. Any feedback is very very much appreciated.

hi there,

i am planning to do a revision rhinoplasty as well. this will be my 3rd one, it's awful! i hope it will be my last. i met with dr. gliklich in boston, he is affiliated with mgh, harvard, mass eye and ear, etc. i am going for a 2nd opinion b/c i feel like i need to regardless. he does about 3 rhinos per week, not many revisions. i am thinking about getting a consult with both fechner and bentkover. just curious - why are you leaning toward fechner? i would recommend you see gliklich for a consult. hope to hear from you soon!

Hi - I'm leaning towards Fechner because his approach is through a closed rhinoplasty as opposed to open. It just seems so less invasive, recovery is quicker, etc. But I did like Bentkover as well (he can be intimidating at first but when I saw him for my second consult he was very informative and supportive) - but his approach is open.

An open rhinoplasty allows them to see what's going on in your nose so much better. so far, both doctors have recommended an open one for me so they can better see what they need to fix. i am visiting dr. fechner next week, hoping to decide b/w the 3 of them. have you contacted gliklich?

I have noticed that there are many people out there in search for advice regarding the consideration of revision rhinoplasty. I surely can relate to those people. It is a difficult and even scary decision...I know. I was left very unhappy with results of an open rhinoplasty that was done a few years ago. It was emotionally painful for me to look back at photos of myself before the rhinoplasty and left me feeling less attractive than ever. The recovery period was long and I kept waiting and hoping that time would bring me satisfaction, but after 2 years I gave up and decided to look for a revision rhinoplasty specialist. I just couldn't accept what had been done to my face and even though I knew I was taking a risk, I scheduled a revision. But this time I did my homework and decided to go with Dr. Mark Constantian. Believe me when I tell you it was the best decision I have ever made. It has been 6 months since my revision surgery and I can finally say that I am content with the results and do not plan to ever have another procedure done to my nose. Dr. Constantian really does care about doing what is best for the patient. He has worked long and hard at mastering the more difficult closed rhinoplasty procedure because he believes that the results are better and the procedure causes less trauma to the patient. Only two weeks after the surgery I was walking the mall and no one would know that I had just had rhinoplasty surgery. He is more than just a Doctor. He gets very involved in the scholarly aspect of rhinoplasty surgery. His website may not do him justice but notice that his patients are all left with very natural looking noses.

Dr Gliklich performed my Rhinoplasty and I am very happy with my results. He doesnt have the best personality but definitely knows his job and his an eye for how to approve your appearance. Hope this helps!

Have you heard of Dr. Nassif ??? He is known as a revision specialist. He is in Beverly Hills.

I have a scheduled revision rhinoplasty with Dr. Frechner. Has anyone had this procedure done by him...can you tell me how you would rate his work. Thank you so much.

I just had a revision rhinoplasty done by Dr. Frechner, I get the cast off this week. Although still very swollen and because of the cast I am not able to see the entire nose, I can already see a difference in the nasal shape and tip...So far so good. I chose carefully the first time around (primary rhinoplasty) but was left with a less than desirable look and lived with it for 10 years out of fear a revision would make it even worse. I knew this would be a challenging feat, the primary Doctor was too aggressive, taking too much from my nose and graphing (cartilage from ear) would be required. After meeting Dr. Freschner…I knew he was the one for the job. I chose Dr. Frechner because of his credentials, Double Board Certified and he only deals with the face and neck (a specialist), this was very important to me. Dr. Fechner exudes a sincere confidence, projecting a realistic outcome and is skilled in communication. His demeanor and bed side manners are stellar, above and beyond what I had expected or even experience from any other Doctor in the past. His entire staff is also worth a thousand words as each and every one of them are sincerely wonderful, compassionate people. Please let me know about your progress, as will I.

This is an update to the previous post above and my post op (rivision rhinoplasty) progress…and I cannot be happier!!

I am just about 2 weeks post op....and I cannot believe the difference!! I am very pleased with Dr. Fechner's work. I no longer look like I have had my nose done, rather I have a normal nose that is complimentary to other facial features. Dr. Fechner gave me my confidence back and I will always be grateful.

I must have spelled his name wrong/different every time I mentioned him...my apologies if this lead to any confusion (and my apologies to the surgeon should he ever read this)...I was still in the healing process and under pain meds when I replied.

I highly recommend Dr. Fechner!

I am looking for a rhinoplasty doctor and met with Dr. Fechner. I haven't been able to find much about him. Does anyone else recommend a doctor in MA that specializes in rhinoplasty?

you can look for Dr. Salas he is one of the greatest doctors to do rhinoplasty you can look for his site at clinica de cirugia cosmetica dot com. My cousin did it and also my wife

I am considering Rhinoplasty and have looked into Dr. Fechner. Can anyone who has used him please let me know if they are happy with the result, and if they were comfortable with the surgery itself? I read that he does not use general anesthesia, and he performs the surgery at his own facility. If you've had him for surgery, can you tell me if you felt safe and cofortable with this? How long was the recovery - when were you able to go back to work without anyone noticing you've had surgery? Thanks!!

I was wondering if anyone else has had rhinoplasty/revision or reconstruction with Dr.Fechner? Was your surgery difficult and open or closed? I met with him for a consult and really liked him. He is my number one choice because of his honesty and the good vibe I get but, I am scared to death to make my nose worse. I love the fact that surgery is in his surgical center and sedation is used. How was the recovery?what were the decidinf factors foe you? Any other info you are willing to share would be most appreciated!!!

Thank you very much! ;-)

Can some one tell me how much plastic surgen charge for nose reshapping?