Hello All,

I recently suffered two fractures in my nose, and as a result, have a deviated septum and my nose is now extremely crooked. I just had a consult with Dr. pearlman for a primary rhinoplasty. He had a comforting demeanor (definitely not cocky or aggressive) and i found him to be extremely candid with what he could and couldn't do with my nose. The reason i narrowed in on Dr. Pearlman is that he has a good reputation for male rhinoplasty. However, on this specific message board, i have heard a few horror stories about his work. Therefore, i was wondering if i should also consult with Dr. tabbal and Sherrel Aston - two other renowned NYC plastic surgeons, (tabbal also specializes in rhinoplasty) but both also have horror stories on this board. I will be honest that most of my information thus far has come from articles in ny magazine, and I've heard that sometimes a palstic surgeon fame is not based on his skill but primarily deals with his PR team.

I was hoping you could help me choose a surgeon out of the following four Dr'sor provide any recommendations for male rhinoplasty in NYC.

Steven Pearlman
Nicholas tabbal
Sherrel Aston
Daniel Baker

Dr. Aston did my nose about 10 years ago. I came to him with a bump very high on my bridge, a drooping tip, and a slightly wider nose than I wanted. Now, my nose is perfect, and it fits my face really well. It looks like the nose I should have been born with, and people are always genuinely surprised when they find out I had a rhinoplasty because the results were just so good. Aside from his surgical skill, Dr. Aston is just a phenomenally nice man. I had an overnight hospital stay after some complications with the anesthesia, and he made sure to stop by more than once and provided his cell phone number. He even got my grandmother prescription medication she left at home an hour outside the city so that she wouldn't have to leave me or my mom, who was taking care of me. I would recommend Dr. Aston without reservation.

Before I made any consultation appointments I read through this board as well as a few others. I thought I was doing “research” however, upon reading many different reviews I figured out that many have very similar in language, like they are written by the same person. I decided to stop reading and to ask friends and family where they had their surgery, Dr. Tabbal’s name kept coming up. I made an appointment and could not be happier. He is one of the few doctor I’ve ever felt comfortable with. He understood what I wanted given my age, anatomy and underlying issues. Dr. Tabbal asked me to give him details and images of what I aspired to. I love my new and improved nose and I honestly couldn't have been more satisfied inside and out. It feels and looks perfect and natural. PR may help put the names of some doctors in the spotlight, but in most cases and form my own experiences, it was a great experience to be Dr. Tabbal's patient.