I've been considering a nose job for years but just haven't been completely sold on any of the doctors out there. Most of them are not perfectionist and they don't really care about you. They just tell you that you are too picky. if you are a perfectionist then it's a big risk.

I've heard that Dr. Raj is one of the best Rhinoplastic Surgeons in LA. I have seen his work on Dr. 91210 and I think that I am pretty confident that his work is very good. The noses are very natural.

I just want to know if anyone has recently had a Rhinoplasty done by Dr. Raj Kanodia?Anyone out there have had a bad expeience with him. I want to know before I decide to commit to my Rhinoplasty with him.

Thanks!

I described my fantastic experience in the "Recommendations about Dr. Kanodia" post, so won't repeat the whole thing here. Dr. Raj Kanodia is so awesome, after surgery he doesn't just end up with former patients, he pretty much ends up with lifelong disciples. I'm certainly one.

Dr. Kanodia is a perfectionist, and is a caring and professional surgeon with decades of experience in rhinoplasty. He gave me a very natural looking nose and incorporated all the things we discussed in the pre-surgery consult that I wanted -- slight curve outward from bridge to top, narrower nose in general, more refined tip, feminine look of bridge between the eyes, and so on.

My nose came out perfect -- even better than I hoped!

Go see him!

I share your hesitation/reservations about rhinoplasty doctors, and like you, I'm a bit of a perfectionist.

Did you see Dr. Kanodia? Did you find someone else you'd recommend?

I just went to Dr Raj yesterday, and let me say, his bedside manner needs improvement. (I was going for a nose job consult) When i met him He did not smile or ask that many questions. He examined my nose for less then a minitue, and then we went to his office where he should me pics of other patients. I'll admit that the pics looked good, but he was so impersonal and unfriendly. He didnt seem to care, more like he was in a rush to get me out of there. I understand hes in high demand, and the best at what he does but come on now? Can you at least pertend to be happy to see a new patient. I asked him if there was a risk of complications and he said NO. that was all, nothing more or less. I would have went thru with it if he was more considerate and approachable. His assist was the same, very cold and monotone. 8-|
All in all, he may be the best at what he does but i wont fork out 12000 for a doctor who doesnt take the proper time to tell you risks, complications, questions, or even the method he will use. I was very dissappointed by the whole appt. %-)

I found Dr. Kanodia to be very mellow but friendly. Speaks rather quietly, but I wouldn't call it a monotone. I think that might just be his accent...? I remember him smiling -- but not a whole lot -- mostly it seemed he was "planning" my nose revsion in his mind.

He's really a great surgeon.

I met with Dr. Kanodia and he recommended i meet with Dr. Rollin K Daniel. anybody has had any experience with him?

Ive been doing a lot of research trying to find the best rhinoplasty surgeon for myself. I've heard all the best of Dr. Raj Kanodias skills and the only complaints I read about him are that of his manners and short consultations. However, I am concerned that he is not board certified. All of the plastic surgery websites I go to say that a surgeon must be board certified. Can anyone offer me any opinions or information on this? Thank you!

Try Dr. Paul Nassif - Beverly Hills. He did my nose. I had a very complicated job. He is Board Certified and an MD.

We recently went his "Beverly Hills" office a had a very negative experience!

Pretentious is an understatement...this guys is a loud mouthed Indian very flamboyant gay guy who is obviously full of himself.

He spent about 2 minutes with us, gave us the most ridicules quote for a nose job, almost $20,000!!!!! and then asked us for a $200 consultation fee.

The consultation fee was NEVER disclosed on the phone or when went were in the waiting area waiting to see him. It was told to us AFTER we saw this Dr. LUNITIC and we refused to pay it!

The DR. came out screaming at us saying we wasted his time. What a complete WACKO! He needs some serious therapy and medication.

We would not refer anyone to this guy. The whole process was very misleading, notice on his website they don't mention ANYWHERE that there's a consultation charge of $200!!!!!!!

THERE ARE PLENTY OF GREAT DOCTORS IN lOS ANGELES! DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME DEALING WITH THIS CRAZY GUY!!!

Good luck.

No offense, but that's like going to an Johnny Cochran's office and then complaining when he sends you a bill for the consultation. Or how about going to a steak house and ordering the special described by the waiter, even if you never saw the price. Of course they are going to charge you. They don't work for free. Generally when you see a doctor, someone has to pay for it--either the patient or the insurance. Either way he rendered a specialized service and deserves to be compensated. It is your duty as a consumer to verify the price, especially if price is of concern. Unless they say over the phone that the initial consultation is free, you should assume that there is some price associated w/ the visit.

Plastic surgeons spend a lot of time seeing prospective patients that may or may not decide to have the surgery w/ him. So it only makes sense that they would charge you for occupying their time. Additionally, the consultation fee goes towards the surgery costs if you do decide to have the surgery.

This hardly sounds like a scam artist. Sure no one likes to shell out $200 for a doctor's visit, but welcome to the world of plastic surgery.

Guest wrote:

Good luck.

I would take this person who wrote those defamatory things about DR Raj, with a grain of salt. I know a few people that have had procedures done by him and were absolutely thrilled. He is soft spoken and takes his work VERY seriously. Loud mouthed??? Judging by the way this person wrote their slanderous message, I'm willing to bet that they are the one who is loud mouthed! If he quoted $20, 000 for a nose job to this person, then I'm guessing that their nose is very difficult to operate on and most other surgeons would probably not even do the job because they are not qualified. Bottom line, this person sounds only like a crazed, lunatic who discriminates not only against race, but is also homophobic and needs help. Anyway, have a great one, everyone, and best of luck with finding the right surgeon.

I really don't understand these post,, I had my nose done by him and it came out great. Yes, I wish he would have spent more time listening to what I wanted, but I just felt like he knew exactly what he had to do. He was nice to me and explained everything. One thing though, he is VERY conservative, he is known for his natural looking noses, so if you want something really drastic go to someone else. Other than his bedside manner, I think he is a great. Dr. that takes his work very seriously. :-D

I had my nose done by Dr. Kanodia. My experience was good. I don't remember him being quick in the consultation, but then again I came with a long list of questions. If you want to receive a lot of info on the day of your consultation, then I think the best thing to do is to come prepared with questions.

I love the results of my nose. It looks natural and it has improved my smile tremendously. I no longer cover my nose and mouth when I smile! with that said, had I known he was not board certified, i probably wouldn't have taken the risk.

I had a consultation with Dr. Kanodia today in NY. It was quick, but not rushed whatsoever. He is a professional- he knows what he sees and sees it fast- it doesn't take long because it is a cosmetic consultation, it's not the same as examining an internal health issue. He was straight to the point and very professional. I expressed my concerns and standards and what I would like to have done as far as rhinoplasty is concerned and he agreed that my expectations are realistic. I felt confident and relieved that he listened to me and understood exactly what it is I want as a result. His before and after photos are the most "natural" looking- I have looked at everyone - Tabbal, Ashton, Baker, Guida, Rosenberg, Jacono all NY doctors all very well recommended- amazing results- some have before and after photos and some do not. Some of them are A-lister plastic surgeons that believe they are "above" having before or after photos on their website. I need to see in order to know and as far as before and after photos are concerned- only Dr. Raj has before and after photos I feel comfortable with. It still looks like them- not some pinched nose chosen out of 4 styles plastered on a face. It still looks like "THEIR" nose. Of course they are probably the best ones- but his best ones are better than the rest for me thus far. He was great with me- short to the point- yes I wanted to be overly reassured because it is a HUGE decision and nerve racking- it's your face - it took me a long time to make this decision and his work is partly why I decided to take this step. Once I met with him I was reassured. His confidence and attention to what I was saying was reassuring enough. I walked out feeling certain he knows what I want and what is best for me. 

Dr. Kanodia worked on my nose 23 years ago.