I have a bad odor coming from my vagina when I sweat.  It makes my pants smell in the crotch area.  Sometimes it happens when I'm not sweating.  I use a feminie wash and spray, but no change (good or bad).  I asked my dr and she doesn't have an answer for me.  Please help!  I'm so embarassed!

It happens to me when I am at the gym and sometimes I have a feeling that everyone can feel this smell. I don't know what to do about this since I really take a good care of my genital hygiene.I can't without asking myself about vaginal smell causes, and that I did some research and I find out that our skin has two main types of sweat glands: eccrine glands and apocrine glands. I would blame those glands for this. I think that this is something that we cannot deal with that easy - to be honest, I don't believe that this will go away. It is embarrassing, but I don't know what to do to prevent this. 

try douching. I found myself having that problem before but I noticed it would happen only after my period. I use the water and vinager one because I found that the scented one would irritate me down there...

I have the same awful problem. Its horrible isnt it.
I went to my doctor because I sweat under my arms, my feet, breasts and vaginal area. I am 30 years old, fairly a normal build, 140 pounds, 5'6 - so not over weight. I had heard of something called hyperhydrosis. You can research it. So I told my doctor I think I have this condition, except to save myself the embarassment of saying my vagina sweats, I said it is my groin area. He perscribed me a deoderant called Hypercare solution. The directions are to wear it at night and then wash it off the next day, but it is really irritating and itchy. So instead I modify it, I take a shower in the morning, take a cotton ball and apply the solution to the outside of my vagina (dont get it inside or it will BURN!!) and all under my butt area (that is where you have a gland that causes the sweat/smell) and then i let it dry, brush my teeth, do my make up, whatever to waste time... Wear it about 45 mins. Then I get back in the shower and rinse it off with soap. It will last about 3 days doing that, then you just have to repeat every few days. It has made me feel the most normal in years, and is the only thing I have found to work. I just wish it was permanent. Because as you know, it is very embarassing to have sex or anything if you are sweaty and smelling like sweat down there! Can you tell me more about your issue, and what you do for it? I always feel like I am alone and the only person in the world with this!! I talked to my gyno and she acted like she had no idea.... That is when I went to my family doctor (male doctor) about the hyperhydrosis. Thank God he could help me with the hypercare solution (its a perscription).

mystic106 - Thank you so much for replying! I was beginning to feel like I was all alone in this. I also spoke with my gyno and she seemed to think it was no big deal. I started washing with Summers Eve daily wash and using the Summers Eve spray. It works for the most part. As long as I'm not sweating, I don't smell. But the minute I start getting active (dancing, working out, etc), it starts again. I am going to talk to my GP and see if she can get me a perscription for the Hypercare. Again, I really appreciate you responding to this!

same happens to me> Can you help me/?

the smell is due to sweat, vagina wet discharge besides the residue urine drops. it will develop bit bad odor. you are taking adequate care. keep neat shaven. do not get self hypnotized.

please shave that area and always wash it everyday!!!

I have this same issue! I'm in college and am very active with sports. I get so concerned and self conscious that others can smell it. I really need to find some way to fix this issue. And for me it's not just when I'm working out, sometimes it smells bad down there during the day. I wash myself everyday and I am at a loss! Is it a pH balance issue?

Its a difficult issue for sure! Try clearing it up not only on the skin but also your inner body. Eat healthier foods and more natural products not those that are over processed all the time. The naturopathic approach can help a lot too. Take zinc and chlorophyll (liquid) as a start and do some research (Google has tons) on how to cleanse your system. Its a very frustrating and embarrassing, awful thing to have to put up with! Trust me I know. I am still learning too but I have seen the zinc and chlorophyll work just be sure to check the label and dont take too much zinc beyond what is suggested. You also have to have a good quality chlorophyll liquid. It tastes not all that great but it helps to mix it into certain juices or a morning smoothy. ( spirulina is a great source too)

it may be due to minor infection. go to a versatile doctor. change your under garments every day. maintaIN DRY. CLEAN AFTER URINATION.

change the under garments every day. check the vaginal flow. if excess ,it may smell.

I had same problem and my doctor ordered this for me and its wonderful. I wish it was something over the counter that I could buy.

well, i am a girl too. sometimes, i also feel that i also have bad odor coming from my vagina. but i think this is normal. commonly, if you have diseases, you not only will have odor, but also have other symptoms like pain, and so on. what's more, i suggest you to use water to wash your vagina. for feminie wash and spray is bed for your vaginal health.

When I work out I put a small amount of deodorant on my underwear The water prof kind, It help then I wash when I get home! I ask my doctor the same thing and she told me, that women who shave have more odor :( U should never douche ! all that dose is get rid of the good bacteria so bad ones can grow .