Hello, I am a 27 yr old female and fave recently stopped the pill in order to get pregnant. I have a foul smell during my ovulation and it is very strong. Please help, thanks.

This "foul smell" is actually your pheromones. I'm no expert, but I'm willing to bet that the pill you've been taking stops this smell (as well as pregnancy). Think about it, we humans are, technically speaking, animals. Our body is an organism just like every other creature. It therefore makes sense that your ovulation has an odor, because it's our body's way of attracting a male. So, it's just your body working towards reproduction. Some women also find that they feel more attractive and sexually driven during ovulation. Just more effects of the body's need for survival, in a way.
I have this "odor" as well. It probably has a pungent scent, am I right? Anyway, I don't think that there's much you can do about it, but you can talk to your doctor if you want to. Be alarmed if your semen changes color, because that is not normal!

the person above is not a doctor and is only guessing at this answer. A guess is worthless in a situation like this.

Can some one, who knows what they are talking about, please answer this question? My GF has a very similar situation but she has never been on birth controll. This is the first time we have experienced this oder. It is very similar to the smell of iron assosiated with a period, however there is no blood and her cramps have not yet started. Also the smell is much much stronger.

I have the odor of strong iron also during my menstrual cycle. But i don't know why. I only know that human blood has the odor of iron.

I don't notice the smell myself, but my husband notices the iron smell on my skin right before and during my period as well. not sure why that is...would also be interested in an answer, but everything i see on the internet that DOES mention iron odors during this time are all about vaginal odors, not your whole body smelling like iron.

They are not a doctor but they are exactly right. I have been studying this and all about ovulation since trying to get pregnant. Cervical fluid has a stronger odor in the few days-week of ovulation due to hormones(pheromones). It is very normal to have this odor somewhere between periods as long as it is clear and eggwhite consistanty.

Same here.I have this different smell and yes hard to describe but 'pungent' is about it.I always worry that others can smell it...

If you want someone who knows what they are talking about, then seek medical guidance. I'm sorry, but you are not going to find reliable sources on the internet where anyone can post.

^^^^ Lolz. Dudes girlfriend is turning into a woman and hes worried about it

Yes, it is normal to have an "odor" around ovulation as well as during your period. I notice it at ovulation while showering. (You are also more likely to notice this hormonal/pheremone shift if one of your ovulatory symptoms is heightened sense of smell. The other day I smelled cigarette smoke on my husband's skin from him being just NEAR his smoking mother 24 hours previously.)

And no, I am not a medical doctor. Here is what you need to understand, though... if you go to the doctor and describe something that is perfectly normal (for you), it may or may not seem abnormal to the doctor, depending on how common what is normal for YOU is in other people. This is why it's SO important to chart your cycles and ALL your body signs. I recommend the software that comes with the book: "Taking Charge of Your Fertility". Everybody's body is different. When you know YOUR body and what YOUR body does at various points in your cycle, you don't have to panic and freak out about it. Also, your hormones and secondary ovulation and period symptoms can change over time. That's normal, too. You really need to chart all this. It's the only way you're going to know anything. Otherwise you're just going to be constantly paranoid about "what's wrong with you" (most likely nothing), or go to the doctor based on the fact that you don't know your own body, what it does, or when.

Sincerly people what is wrong with you? Why would you come to a public websit eif you wanted the most exact answer as a medical professional. So, I am going to throw it at you . I am a medical student at UT . The smell is of phermones and it only comes when the amount of estrogen in the body rises to help with the fertilization process. Estrogen is a key factor during the menstrual process and fertility as well as carrying out a healthy pregnancy. Research on that  topic. So yes that fishy smell is because of the present of the phenol ring and the alcohol groups  in the estrogen carbon chain . Any more chemistry needed. It is a hormone , hormones stink. So hopefull everyone is satisfied.

If you are a medical student then you would know that actually estrogen drops at the time of ovulation. Progesterone(sp) rises (like a male hormone). Either way it is very common amoungst women to have a metal like smell at ovulation and menstration. However you should definately go to OB/GYN every 6 months-year to have check ups. There are many damaging diseases and infections that women can pick up even if in a long term relationship with one partner.

The smell of iron during your period is normal. Your blood level contains iron which is a needed to help hemoglobin levels.

Vaginal discharge usually performs vital roles in a female’s body. Bacteria and dead cells are cleaned by vagina through the fluid discharge. A healthy vagina naturally removes insanitary substances to prevent any harmful infections. A normal vaginal discharge during ovulation has no smell and is mostly white in color. The release amount varies from one woman to another.

Many times, women fear when they see such a discharge from their body. They misunderstand it to be a disease. You got nothing to worry about it, if the discharge is not smelling bad. Nor you have to feasr about anything, it is whitish in color.

You can handle the discharge, by cleaning it properly. Use slightly warm water to clean it. Females experiencing vaginal discharge are recommended to wear cotton panties. Regular exercises and healthy diet will keep this condition under control.

Different color of discharge:

White: If you are experiencing white color discharge during ovulation, that doesn’t smell or accompanied by severe pain and irritation then it’s perfectly normal and healthy. If the discharge is stretchy and clear in nature, then it is the indication that the lady is ovulating.Brown: During ovulation a female can experience spotty brown discharge. The Brown color discharge comes out straight after the period ends. If the brown discharge is not smelly or has slight odor, then it’s normal. However it is recommended that you get the medical checkup done.Watery: If you regularly visit the gym and perform hard exercises, then you are likely to experience watery vaginal discharge. If you are regularly experiencing such discharge then its perfectly normal. Just keep the vaginal area clean.

When need help?  

If you are feeling slight pain in your lower abdomen and experiencing dark yellowish color smelly discharge, then you need expert gynecologist help. The dark discharge can due to the consumption of anti-pregnancy medications. Talk to your doctor and discuss the matter as soon as possible. Avoiding the symptoms can lead into serious health problems.

Worry or relax?

Most women in their reproductive age experience vaginal discharge during ovulation. It’s normal, as almost every woman experiences this. However if you feel something weird or not natural, instantly contact medical experts. No need to fear. Even if this condition is completely curable, you should not take it lightly. Never try to ignore the condition as it can get serious if unattended.

It is quite understandable that you feel shy and don’t want to talk such condition even with a doctor. It should be realized that time will not heal the condition and without any medical assistance it will go worse. Hence, sooner or later, you have to see a doctor.

Treatments:

Doctors will suggest you to stay clean all the time. A vaginal discharge during ovulation can be easily treated. If the condition is chronic, then experts suggest various anti-biotic medications. Don’t wait until the condition gets chronic. Seek the medical assistance instantly and stay fit and healthy.

Progesterone rises just AFTER ovulation to help with implantation. If one takes progesterone before ovulation, they won't ovulate. The progesterone comes from the sac that matures the one egg, prior to ovulation. After ovulation, that sac us considered a cyst. I know this from seeing the best fertility specialist in the San Francisco Bay Area, every month for over a year. You can't test to see if your ovaries are producing enough progesterone because not much of it ends up in your blood stream. So, if you're having a hard time getting or staying pregnant, you take vaginal progesterone. But, the key is not starting it until two days after ovulation, three days after your LH surge. Also, even though men do have progesterone to help keep their estrogen levels low, it's actually considered a female hormone because it's used for many more reasons in the female body. But, both sexes have it. It's just not a "male hormone".