Hello, I am a very clean woman that is very conscious about female odors! I have had an odor problem in my crotch area since I was a teen ager. Shaving has helped but created itchy bumps that are agravated by the bacteria that I can't get rid of down there. I wash and wash and the smell is not internal at all! The odor comes from me sweating down there more than any other place. I wash, use wipes, powders made especially for this (however those cannot be used the time I need them the most...prior to sexual activity). I can enjoy sex immediately after washing the area between my vaginal lips and inner thighs, area between vaginal opening and anus and anal area with no complaints from men (who always say I am the cleanest girl they have ever been with). The problem is that it I am at all warm, I immediately start to sweat down there and that causes that bacteria to grow rapidly. My understanding is that the bacteria itself isn't the odor problem...it what the bacteria expell, that causes it. I have tried germicidal soaps, everything and nothing helps long term. My 100% cotton panties get soaked with sweat easily and I can't wear anything synthetic or pantyhose or I it makes the situation even worse. I am mortified if anyone wants to perform oral sex on me so I am always running to the bathroom to wash the whole area IMMEDIATELY before that happens. This is not in my head! I have lived with men intimately for years and they eventually say I should be able to have unexpected, unplanned, "quickies" and not worry about any female issues. I fight it all the way but every time I have decided to go with it, the guy is beyond words about the odor. They think I have a real medical problem and say they have never been with a woman that smells of that strong, harsh sweat odor before. I am not sure what to do. I don't have the luxury of having a bathroom immediately available every time I want to have sex and this effects my work wardrobe, etc. as well. I bring odor wicking wash pads, extra undies, use Vagisil power, stuff that area with toilet paper that gets soaked with sweat (it breathes but sanitary pads DO NOT and make the situation worse...and the ones with odor protection not only don't work well but are counterproductive). My bladder is stronger than anyone else's I know and this is not incontinance...not at all! I heard someone on TV had injections of Botox in their sweat glands under thei r arms. I wonder if this can be done in my peri-area? HELP!!! I want to have a healthy, comfortable, relaxing sex life! I want to wear my clothes confidently and not think people notice an unpleasant odor when I walk past them! Seriously, I don't know how any women can go camping, hiking, work out and have sex without bathing prior to sex!

Have you had your PH balance checked

I have the same awful problem. Its horrible isnt it.
I went to my doctor because I sweat under my arms, my feet, breasts and vaginal area. I am fairly a normal build, 140 pounds, 5'6 - so not over weight. I had heard of something called hyperhydrosis. You can research it. So I told my doctor I think I have this condition, except to save myself the embarassment of saying my vagina sweats, I said it is my groin area. He perscribed me a deoderant called Hypercare solution. The directions are to wear it at night and then wash it off the next day, but it is really irritating and itchy. So instead I modify it, I take a shower in the morning, take a cotton ball and apply the solution to the outside of my vagina and all under my butt area (that is where you have a gland that causes the sweat/smell) and then i let it dry, brush my teeth, do my make up, whatever to waste time... Wear it about 45 mins. Then I get back in the shower and rinse it off with soap. It will last about 3 days doing that, then you just have to repeat every few days. It has made me feel the most normal in years, and is the only thing I have found to work. I just wish it was permanent. Because as you know, it is very embarassing to have sex or anything if you are sweaty and smelling like sweat down there! Can you tell me more about your issue, and what you do for it? I always feel like I am alone and the only person in the world with this!! I talked to my gyno and she acted like she had no idea.... That is when I went to my family doctor (male doctor) about the hyperhydrosis. Thank God he could help me with the hypercare solution (its a perscription).

I had the same problem too. From 11 to 16 years old I had this terrible smell, but only in school and not with family. Eventually, I couldn't take the embarrassment and had to switch to homeschooling so that I could focus on solving the problem. I really had no idea what the cause of the smell could be because I washed well with unscented Dove soap everyday. After awhile I realized that it had to with the fact that I was an absolute waterfall from all the stress in class, and the solution must therefore involve getting rid of the stress that caused the sweat and then the sweat itself (on armpits, private area, hands, and feet!). When perscription antiperspirants didn't work I moved on to 15mg daily of an anticholinergic (sweat preventing pill) called Pro-Banthine. This now controls the sweating in my groin, hands, and feet; then, for the extremely profuse amrpit sweat, I had liposuction, which totally removes the glands in the area (the doc didn't get everything on the left side, so I'll be going back in two months for a redo). Even with all of this, the odor is not completely gone, so I plan on trying the suggested Hypercare solution. Hopefully, I will be able to rejoin society soon :)

i have the same problem.but i have a question. if he inserts his fingers in my vagina will they smell