Hello! In the last couple of months I have been suffering from constipation. The thing is that my stool was always soft, and I have never had any problems with the bowel movement. I went to toilet every day with no problem what so ever. I don’t know what changed! I am not on any sort of diet, and I can’t find the connection. Anyway, I went to the pharmacy and the lady who worked there suggested Benefiber and Metamucil. I don’t know which one to take. Is there any difference? Which one is better? Thank you!

Well, from my point of view, they are both laxatives and used to treat constipation. There shouldn’t be much difference between them, so which ever you decide to take, it should be good and do the job.

I go to a GI doctor because I have ulcerative colitis and she recommends Benefiber because Metamucil is the same but causes bloating.