Fruits are the perfect foods as they have glucose from carbohydrates for energy, vitamins, minerals, fatty acids and amino acids for building protein. And fruit doesn't require digestive juices. Fruits do not stay in your stomach for digestion but simply run through it and go directly to the intestines where its nutrients are utilized by the body. If there were some foods left in the stomach (if you ate anything else 3 hours before the fruits), it would prevent the fruits from passing through it smoothly. It would additionally make it ferment in your stomach, further toxifying you, leaving you without any health benefits of eating fruits. This is why fruits should be eaten on an empty stomach or 20 – 30 minutes before other meals.

your last sentence was interesting. I never knew you must eat fruit with an empty stomach

This is really interesting thing. Usually I did not pay attention when I was eating fruit. Some times after a good meal I take banana or an apple, and in most cases everything is fine, but sometimes I have some stomach pains.

Well after reading this post, I can't stop wondering what type of fruit is the best to eat??? Sometimes I make a fruit salad, and I try to mix as many fruits as I have. Is this good or should I pay attention what types of fruits do I mix together?

Very good article Dennis. I have known this for quite some time.
Another interesting fact to pass on to readers...Salads should be eaten after a meal not before like we are so used to doing because of the way it passes through the stomach.
This might be another good subject for you to do research and blog an article about.
Keep up the good work.

Me too. I've always believed that eating fruits before, during, or after meals is very healthy.

Well in most cases you don't have any side affects, but in some you can have some stomach aches. But the most healthier way to eat fruit is before you have anything else. Like Dennis said in his post, this way you get all the good things from fruit.

Okay. I'll take your advice. Thanks!:-)