Hi , i just started working out like 2 months ago. I was always somewhat chubby and i got sick of it. I am 5 foot 5 170 pounds and 23 years old. I want to define my muscles and burn some fat. Is it possible for me to l convert this fat into muscles? However, everything was good until i started getting sick to my stomach after a workout. I don't know why. Could it be because i eat right before the workout? I was searching online but could not find some info about when to eat. So my question is: Should i eat before or after working out? And how long before or how long after? THAAANKS!

Hi. I think i know what might be your problem, because i was in a same situation. I am 25 and i have been working out since i was 15. Can you tell me exactly what kind of exercises are you performing? When do you work out? How often do you eat and when exactly do you eat: pre or post workout? And what are you usually eating? Are you taking any supplements maybe?

Thanks for the reply. Well i workout mostly at home. I do not like going to the gym. I am mostly doing sit ups and squats, 3 times per week at like 5 or 6 PM. I eat 4 times a day. Early when i wake up , around 7:30. At lunch brake around 11:00. Then when i get home around 4:45 i have another meal. And finally dinner around 8:30. I mostly eat stuff like, egss, pasta, red meat, chicken, cheese (i like cheese :), and some salad. As for the supplements, i was thinking of getting some proteins but i am not sure if thats healthy or not. What do you think?

Np :) I am glad to help. I think the reason to why are you getting sick after a workout is your eating schedule. You need to change it as soon as possible. Here's how i think you should eat. Eating breakfast is important so that is fine. But having lunch at 11, not that much. So you should just reduce your 4 meals to 3 meals instead. Skip your 11 o'clock meal and eat some fruits instead. You should know that if you are working out you should be eating some fruits. Also, the main problem is your workout time. It seems like you are having lunch at 4:45 and then you work out. This is not a good idea and that is probably why are you getting sick. In this case instead of skipping this lunch you should move your workout time to like 8:00 PM. That way your stomach will digest all the food before you start working out so you wont experience any sickness. Try this for a week and i guarantee you will feel a lot better

I have to disagree with you a little Irwin, 

Gannon, if you're looking to lose weight it's important to keep your metabolism elevated, 4 meals a day is a great way of doing this. But when eating, both quantity AND quality are important, at 4 meals a day and based on your size, each meal should be right around 400-450 calories. With this in mind you don't have a lot of room for junk food. A good rule of thumb is if it comes in a box or a bag, don't eat it! of course this is a bit of an exaggeration, but things like cookies, crackers, chips and so on should be avoided. Also in keeping within your caloric limit, you should reduce the amount of cheese you eat, it's high in calories and especially high in fat. 

As for the time at which you eat, I would just make a few small adjustments. Your morning eating times are great! but as for the afternoon I would move the 4:45 meal to around 3, do your workout around 5, and eat again following your workout. Eating later at night will prevent weight loss as you've given your body fuel, but then shut down by going to bed. The food you've taken in before bed then is merely stored as fat. As I mentioned, eat your meal 2 hours before you exercise, but if you're hungry and sluggish right before a workout have an apple, that's a great source of energy and low in calories! If you have any questions feel free to message me

Hope this helps,

cheers.