Hello!

I'm looking for an inexpensive, good, light coverage, non breakout causing, BB cream. What are your favorite drugstore BB creams? What did you like about them? What range of skin colors do they cater to? And what were BB creams you bought that you knew you'd never buy again because they were awful or made you break out? If we could have reviews of all the major drugstore BB creams here I think that would be awesome. I've had some good experiences and some bad and am just wondering what to get next that would be great for my skin. I have normal to slightly oily skin by the way.

Thanks!!!

Well, I've got one by Rimmel with a matte finish that I really like. My skin tone is Mediterranean and my skin type tends towards the more oily side. On both counts, this BB cream has served me well. I've never used any other long term, but I have the impression that it's a little more covering than some others, which I tried on my hand when testing them before buying them. I will say though that there's no such thing as "the best BB cream", drugstore or otherwise. Though some are definitely better than others, not every single one will work for your skin type. When you are tending towards the very dark or light, I've definitely noticed that drugstore brands may not cater to you. I'm pretty middle of the road so this works out for me. Lucky, I guess.

Am I the only one who just can't get onboard with BB cream? I mean, my skin generally looks fine apart from a few pimples on occasion, and it isn't that I need to drown my natural skin out by using heavy foundations. Still, BB creams kind of... look weird on me. I tried one I think by Maybelline that was supposed to adapt to your natural skin tone. It is white coming out of the tube, then turns a color. Well, it came out way orange and unnatural looking. Other ones, like this NYX one I tried, was better but just very light. MAC had the best one I tried but that isn't drugstore and I ended up not buying it because their studiofix foundation is just a little more expensive.

I like Bare Minerals complexion rescue because it not only gives your skin that look booster that you are after and looks absolutely natural, it also features some unique ingredients unseen in other BB creams. It's not just a color you put on your face, but an injection of health and moisture. Ideal, some would say, and it definitely works very nicely on my skin. I am not entirely sure whether Bare Minerals counts as a drugstore brand, perhaps yes and perhaps no, but I would not discount it in either case.

I have recently tried a powder foundation (by neutrogena in this case), and I had high hopes for it. My impression overall is that either I am doing something wrong or there is just no way powder foundation will give me the finish I need. You can still see blemishes and unevenness underneath. Now, applied over a liquid foundation, it does work well. But if they are all like this, I would not go it alone again and am now weary about ever buying another one. I know I got a good brand so I think my issue is with powder foundation in general.

Maybelline Dream Fresh works for me as a woman of color, and more and more other brands are coming out with options that work for my skin as well. Bobbi Brown has quite a few color choices, so definitely check that out for any women of color, and Garnier has one as well that is OK for me as a medium dark person. I'm sure for very fair people there's a struggle to find the right shade as well but I can't weigh in on that. Perhaps someone else can. Anyway, I do love BB cream and it has replaced my daily foundation, actually making my natural skin look better overall because it does not clog my pores.

I like Garnier's Miracle Skin Perfector because it contains a few ingredients I really like - vitamin C, hyaluronic acid, and glycerin. It is oil free and non-comedogenic to boot. It also has an SPF of 20. All that considered, this is a really good BB cream for a friendly price - depending on where you will buy it you are going to be spending up to $13. Of course, keeping in with the direction of the conversation so far, it doesn't come in all skin shades. It does it for me though, and I'm a fan.

Celebrity

I have used a BB cream from Andalou Naturals before. It is about $20 and I am not sure whether it would qualify as a "drugstore" cream but I am guessing so. It has a look like you get when you use powder mineral foundation, which I really like, and it complements my natural skintone very well.

By the way, people, what is "DD cream"? I just heard about that the other day and had no time to look into it further so figured I would ask here. :) I know CC cream is for blemishes though I am unaware what it actually stands for. BB cream is "beauty balm", I know that.

Rosie

I don't know.

I can tell you what NOT to get though.

I chose Rimmel's 9 in 1 skin perfecting super makeup because it promised all sorts of things from being better than a moisturizer and foundation to minimizing pores and mattifying the skin. And a bunch more. I do not doubt that they at least held up the SPF portion of the wash list of promises they made, but other than that it is terrible. It reminds me of when I first started experimenting with makeup as a 13 year old and using it all wrong, I looked like a clown from a horror film. :)

It dried my skin out, made me break out, and did everything but smoothen the face. Very obvious and uneven flakey type bits that looked like a toddler's art project were all over my face. I tried twice, then gave up. Yes, I do know how to apply makeup now.

I am currently using a Turkish brand called Flormar. I do not know how popular they are and where you can buy them but I like their BB cream fine. Also have good foundations though on the heavier side, plus very nice blushers.

Hiya, so I got Loreal Magic Skin Beautifier BB cream before I set off on holiday but to be quit honest the product felt too heavy and sticky and felt like it was going walkies on my skin you know? Course I don't want to look like a melting ice cream so I actually ended up using the True Match powder mineral foundation, which is also by Loreal, most of the time. BB cream is meant to look natural and this really didn't do that, quite the opposite. I did end up chucking it in the bin actually so would not recommend this BB cream :).

I bought a BB cream from Loreal called new nude magique 5-in-1 about a year ago just to try it out. I don't use it that often but when I go out or when I have to look my best for an interview or whatever, I slap it on my face. Then I use one of those little sponges to spread it evenly. Then stick some blusher on my cheeks. I'm a lady in my 50s and I don't usually overdo the makeup.

But this seems to work OK for me. The other day I felt a little weird because my neighbor asked if I was feeling alright because I looked all pale. I was wearing the BB cream at the time. I have light skin tone BB cream, and it's white when you take it out then oxidizes I guess. I like it fine.