Calling all people with oily and acne prone skin!

What night cream do you use? I am in my mid thirties with adult acne and I am looking for an effective night cream to provide the care my skin needs without exacerbating my acne, and hopefully a night cream that could in fact help reduce my acne. 

Rather than going through trial and error and lots of breakouts to find out which night creams work well for acne prone skin and which night creams are total disasters, I would like to rely on the experience of people who have gone there before me. :)

Help!

Hmmmm... well I like Dr Organic myself. It's a UK brand that's organic and natural. Their Moroccan Argan Oil Night cream is meant to be really good for people with oily skin or oily T zones. It contains a bunch of cool ingredients besides argan oil and is mean to be really hydrating, as well as having an anti age effect. Sounds perfect. Besides that though, you wanna set yourself up with a great day cream and cleanser. Dr Organic Hemp Rescue cream might be another cool option for you. Cleanser... I'd go with clean and clear or something simple like that that's proven to fight acne. 

Deciding on night creams is tough when you have acne prone skin that is liable to erupt like a volcano when you take a wrong turn! I completely hear you!

Maybe try some of these?

• Philosophy Renewed Hope in a Jar Night (I just love their products!)
  • Ahava Time to Hydrate Night Replenisher for Normal to Dry (lots of natural ingredients like jojoba oil)
  • First Aid Beauty Hydra-Firm Sleeping Cream
  • Lumene Time Freeze Firming Night 

Do you really NEED a night cream? If you find the right one, it can really rejuvenate your skin overnight, but if you don't, there is nothing wrong with sticking to your day cream that you know doesn't cause breakouts. That might be a good starting point actually. What day cream do you use and if you are happy with it, is there a night cream from the same line?

Vichy Normaderm Anti Imperfection and Rejuvenating Care night cream!

This is really one of the better night creams for oily skin with acne. It is absorbed really well, but has a light and mattifying finish that is perfect for those who want to reduce visible oiliness of the skin. This night cream for oily skin helps dry out active acne that you have and goes a way towards lightening old acne scars if they are not too bad as well, which is always welcome. It's especially great for people with large open pores. Highly recommended!

Wait, isn't it that people with oily skin need to moisturize less, not more? If your skin is already oily and you are adding more oil by putting all sorts of creams on your skin, will your skin not get more oily? If you want to dry acne out, isn't the best thing to do to exposure your skin to some good old air? 

Forgive me if I'm ignorant, being a guy and all that. I've never had much acne beyond my teens either so I can't help you there either. I just saw this topic and became curious. 

The oil your skin produces may be greasy, but it is not hydrating. What you are doing when you use a moisturizer is to give your skin the hydration it needs, in other words it increases the water content in your skin. You'll be interested in hearing that the sebum your skin makes actually causes it to lose water, so that's why oily skin types still need moisturizer. Night cream isn't exactly necessary. You can also use day cream at night. But you spend a very long time asleep and it makes sense to use that time to replenish your skin.