Hello! My grandmother suffers from osteo-arthritis. Her doctor told us that there is no cure for this disease but that it can be managed by a combination of several treatments. He told us about mediations, exercise, hot and cold packs and he mentioned supplements as well. What food supplement are best for the treatment of osteo-arthritis?

Hello! Supplements are compounds that are available without a prescription. They usually include vitamins and other nutritional natural supplements. You should be very careful since many of these are not that natural as it is written on the label. But, some of them may be efficacious, particularly glucosamine and chondroitin. Also, there are many supplements with fish oil but I think it is better to consume it naturally since it is shown that fish oils have some anti-inflammatory activity.