I am 16 years old and my parents make me go to bed at 8pm on week nights and on week-ends I can stay up until 9pm. Does anyone find this unreasonable. I try to tell them that its to early but they say that when I turn 17 I can stay up an extra 30 mins.

Wow...i agree that seems pretty early for your age! Our 14 year old is allowed to stay up until 10 on weeknights and as late as he wants on weekends AS LONG AS he doesn't give us any trouble when we wake him up for school. He is very good about it too - if he feels tired before his bedtime...he goes to bed. He never stays up just because he can. And even though he can stay up really all night on weekends if he wants...he is usually in bed by 10 or 11 at the latest.

That seems a little early to me.
When I was 14 it was 10 on school nights and 11 or 12 on other nights.

My one year old don't even go to bed that early. He goes to bed at 9:00, 9:30 or 10 o'clock.. WOW o.O o.O so do you get to hang out with friends on the weeknd that must suck. Teens need there sleep yea but 8 o'clock geeze!!!!!!!! What the c**p is wrong with your parents????? %-) XD

I know how u feel I have quite a lotof independaance now but my mother used to be very strict. You should sit down and discuss with them. Tell them that they are damaging your social life and after all the teenage years are the best ofyour life. U gotta make them see that they can trust you to get up and go to school that wat all other parentsdo.

i used to think that my mother was too strict about my bedtimes. i was ALWAYS in bed hours before boys in my class at school. But now i know that she was right on this (and on most/all other things!. she still puts me to bed, after my bath, at 9
steven

Trust me. You're lucky to be sleeping so much. Everyone at my school stays up so late, including me, because our lives are quite hectic! When we go home, we could do 4 hours of homework, drive up for basketball practice, then go to a piano recital, before coming home and finishing up our research paper and crashing at 2:00 am.

Wow!, my mother would let me go to bed at like 10:30pm on school nights, and what ever time i want to, on the weekends lol

BTW im 12 yrs almost turning 13 soon!

Try find a way to convince her to let you stay up a little longer %-)

ok, i think uu shoould just straiight up goo to them annd be like mom dad im a teenager and imm 16 almmost 17 imnot even supposed to have a bed time limittim responsible fer myself and how muchh i sleep anndd not u u

thats harsh. i have to go to bed at 8:30 on weeknights and on weekends is late as i want.

Guest, just cuz sumone takes baths doesn't mean there immature

wowthat's really early!!! im 11 and i go to bed at 10

I had a bedtime until I moved out of my parent's house, this includes like summer break from college.

In elementary school bedtime was 7:30 on school nights 8:00 other times.

In middle school it was 8:00/8:30.

Freshman and sophmore years it was 9:00/9:30.

And thereafter it was 10/11.

Dude im 15 and my bed time is 11 as much as it go's against respect for your parents that is just plain unreasonable and you should tell them no. Just use logic and reasoning and if they still dont agree with you then just dont do it. Its extremely unreasonable and is actually kinda mean that you cant stay up with your friends or anything so just dont comply until they comply with you. But do it in a respectful manner. dont go off yelling

I'm 14. I had a similar problem to you. I had  HUGE argument with my parents for about 5 hours with the same topic. Finally got what i wanted. May seem a little extreme but its worth it