Hi I'm 14 and I desperately need to lose weight. Last time i checked the scales I was 9stone, and I haven't checked them in a while because I was/am scared. My bmi says I'm average for my height and muscular build ext but I'm not happy, like I am fat. I have excess skin, that I'm not happy with. I have tried EVERYTHING. By year 8 I was starving myself and I got really far in around two weeks, and Noe I have been trying to be sick but I have a very good gag reflex, I have tried lots of excerxuse but I feel embarrassed in front of my family. I can't stop having little nibbles, I don't eat breakfast or lunch but dinner yes. As I'm 14 I can't find anywhere what will do pills but please I really need help:(

Health Guru
Hi trinn, at 14 your body is growing fast so your be getting fat pockets where you don't want them but as your growth rate slows then things will balance out more For one only eating 1 neck a day isn't good if your trying to loose any excess fat because your body isn't getting a steady intake of calories to burn off during the day and I take it you have dinner when you get in from school or later? Eating a big meal then isn't good as your not doing anything to burn calories off so you would be better to have breakfast and lunch then a smaller dinner. If your bmi is ok though for your height build and weight then I wouldn't worry about wanting to loose weight yet, not every guy likes stick insect girls just be proud of what you got hun :-)

To lose weight, it is very necessary to have small and frequent meals every 3 hourly. Do not skip your breakfast or lunch. You need to take your breakfast, lunch and dinner with 3 small meals. 

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

Thanks for the reply and the feedback of course. I must say I dont find the time in the morning too have breakfast, I haven't for years. Then at school I just don't want too eat I front everyone, I'm quite a loud, outgoing, speak my mind, 'leader' of the group. But I'm so insecure, and shy, very shy, and emotional, potrays myself to be strong, I don't let the insecurties show, as its a sign of weakness and because I'm that 'hard' kid at school(everyone's view) I can't show I'm weak, but I don't want that view pinned on me:( I get so intimidated by gorgeous girl because they're so gorgeous, I feel like a I need to compete against everyone