Hi, I am very interested in different martial arts and I like to watch fight on TV or live. I was wondering which martial art is better and which fighter would win if one would use bjj while the other would perform kung fu. I would like to hear your opinions. Thanx.

Hi, it is pretty difficult thing to say because these two techniques are completely different. Kung fu is based on explosive and fast strikes with legs and arms while bjj use joint locks and chokeholds in the fight on the ground. However it would be very interesting to see such fight. I would give small advantage to the kung fu fighter.

just check mma records and u will see that there are very few kung fu fighters that have succeded.However bjj players have dominated the competition. Kung fu works well in theory and in the gym and also against a novice fighter but it has been proven that when it is put to the test in a real situation bjj players tend too come off better . If anyone can link me to footage of a kung fu fighter beating a skilled bjj player i would love to see it .

Brazilian Jiu jitsu = backbone of ufc