I'm 22 and was a smoker for about two years and i had just quit smoking for over a week now.
I currently suffer hoarseness of voice (it just happened after I shouted, although i also think it's caused by smoking) and a itchy throat leading to coughs. I once saw blood mixed with my phlegm when i coughed it out one morning. However recently i produce little to no phlegm when i cough however my cough is still constant. I am worried I have lung cancer. I am extremely paranoid that I have, I make myself believe I have chest pains (even though I'm not in pain). Do i have lung cancer? Can one acquire lung cancer for smoking for only two years? If not, does being nervous affect my chances of acquiring this disease?

How can I be sure i don't or do have lung cancer? Any indicators i should watch out for?
Please help, extremely paranoid, can't sleep

-juls

sorry double post. :-(

You probably don't have lung cancer. If you suddenly quit smoking, what you are experiencing is your body trying to recover. Especially if you quit suddenly. The coughing is caused by your lungs healing. The coughing should go away shortly. I don't know how much you smoked, but that will affect how long it takes to heal. Most of all, RELAX. You quit for better health, don't make yourself sick with worry. I hope this helps.