I have a bladder infection that just won't go away. I have been to the doctor several times. They took a urine culture and results came back negative. I continue to have a burning sensation during and after I urinate. The doctor gave me a pill called fluconazole and it helped for 2 days and now the pain is back. I don't know what to do?

Urinary tract infections are hard to get rid of. Ive been on 4 different sets of antibiotics, it kept coming back. After being on long term antibiotics which I got off a week ago, it's back again. I think somethings wrong with me. this is my 5th bladder infection in 3 months.
fml

Hello there,

Since your urinary tract problems are keep coming back you will have to do more than just taking antibiotics every time.

First of all you need to talk to your doctor about some preventative measures since this is happening for the quite some time now.

He will probably have some additional suggestions except giving you a course of antibiotics like he usually does.

But, there is a catch!  You must be sure that you take all the course of antibiotics because sometimes urinary tract infections are coming back because patients avoid drinking the medications once they don’t feel the symptoms anymore.

Some of my friends are using cranberry products and they are claiming it is very helpful and that it reduces symptoms and reoccurrence of UTI.