I have a question about bladder pressure. This only seems to happen during the first day of my period. I feel as though I have to pee often. My sister says she also experiences this. I am still not convinced that it a normal symptom of a menstrual cycle. I have never heard anyone else say anything about it. Is this normal?

I get that too! The first day or two of my period I'm in the bathroom like every 20 minutes all day long. It almost feels like I'm getting a bladder infection but there's no pain, just frequent urgency, and it goes away. I've heard from some women that it'd because the uterus swells with menstrual blood and puts pressure on the bladder before your period.

I have the same problem so don’t worry. I am experiencing this problem for years and as I am getting older it is becoming even frequent. Also sometimes I have very hard symptoms during the first day of my period such as vomiting and nausea so I can’t leave my bathroom all day long. There are no pills that can help with this condition, unfortunately L

My gynecologist claims that this is going to change and become a lot easier and different when I give birth but I am not so convinced because my best friend had similar problems and she has two kids and still problematic first day of her period. If you have some good solution please post it.

I get it too! ...I got on the web to see if this condition is a common issue among women ....I only found this one post that seems relevant. I don't think its quite Interstitial cystitis (IC) or UTI.
But anyway...At least now I know there are a
few others who also feel this discomfort. For me it seems the bladder pressure is bad for the 1st day of my period... then it just subsides... since it goes away...I'm not attributing it to anything other than the internal mechanism of the menstrual cycle but boy oh boy! is it uncomfortable and annoying!

I've got the same issue. The first day of my period is terrible. The cramping and the pressure on my bladder is very uncomfortable. I feel as if I need to urinate, but hardly anything flows. Aggravating... I've already been checked for a UTI, but it was negative. I was diagnosed with bacterial vagionosis though. I am currently taking metronidazole. I've had this urinary pain/pressure for months now, but it is always associated with my period.

wow all these other people are saying they get it the first day but i have it the whole 2 weeks im on my period and its terrible i have so many flu symptoms too uhg

I feel like my bladder just feels heavy my first day too.. I think because I’m really heavy the first day but my periods have only been 2 days for a full year now. I’m 31 so it shouldn’t be menopause. I keep being afraid if I need to check for cancer or a cyst or something. Im not sure which dr I should set up an appointment or really even how my health care works.

Oh my goodness! Your period last for two weeks!? I would be miserable poor thing!. Mine last around 5 days sometimes 4.

Hi, you need to have your check up with an OB-GYN so you would stop worrying about what condition you are in. Sometimes its just the stress that make things worse. Know and deal with the cause of your condition.

This is the first time i have the exact same thing, i'm on my 2nd day now and yesterday and today i feel like i want to use the bathroom every like 20-30 minutes i was worried that there might be something wrong but i was also bloated and i feel like my uterus got 10 times bigger so i guess thats why i feel like i want to use the bathroom every few minutes, after reading the comments i'm no longer worried, plus i have really really heavy periods