Had an infection which started with eye pain when I looked far to one direction - moved to knees and ankles and then caused back pain - leg pain and weakness - with occasional pounding headache and low fever - it got to the point that I could hardly walk. Went to urgent care and got cipro for 10 days - which cleared all symtoms except for urinary retention which came on the night before I went to urgent care (didnt realize it when I was there b/c it was new symptom).

At one point I could not urinate and had some numbness around in my anus going a little into my buttocks - I had to buckle over to get a small stream of urine out - after a few days went to er and they cathed me (in and out) 1200 cc's. They also took and mri of low back to check for abcesses or disk involvement - this came back fine. Cath happened on april 30th.

Now I can urinate but it is a struggle in which I have to push for a weaker stream to happen - when I sit I can get a stronger stream. Sexually it also takes me much longer. It has been almost 20 days since cath and nothing seems to be changing.

I went to a urologist last thurs. And he said that it was not prostate (fine) and was not overstreched bladder b/c I would not be getting anything out like I was (they had me urinate and did an ultrasound + bladder was empty)

does anyone have any thoughts? The urologist is sending me to a neurologist. - again this all came on during an infection.

My urogolist put me on bethanacol to help me empty mine if he knows of any different treatment let me know
mike

have u tried Tamsulosin Hcl ....... it will relax ur muscle and get helped to easily urinate