I am an 18 year old male and I have been having difficulty urinating for about 3 or 4 years. It is hard to start the stream but when I do get it flowing it's very easy to urinate. And I also urinate frequently it feels like I empty my bladder all the way but then occasionally I will have to urinate again 15 or 20 minutes later alot less volume. And when I drink larger amounts of water I go more often but it's easier to start and urinate in larger volumes, also it's alot easier to pee when I'm in the shower with the water on hot.

I have recently been tested for diabetes the glucose levels came back normal. My doctor did a prostate exam he said my prostate felt fine, he did an exam on my penis feeling for anything abnormal he said it seemed fine. So now he is sending me to a Urologist for further testing.

I was wondering if any of these things that I have could attribute to the problem. I have been taking Zantac for gerd but still have been experiencing a lot of gas in my bowel (like it has been for a long time). Possibly stress? it is extremely difficult for me to urinate when I am in a public bathroom or when I hear people around talking, which was very difficult in high school considering there lack of privacy. Excessive masturbation 2+ times per day.

Sorry if this is unorganized.

THanks Matt

And I forgot to mention I had two inguinal hernia surgeries when I was about 3 months old and about six or seven years old, and after the most recent one when I was six or seven I had to be taken to the hospital after surgery because I could not urinate and had to be catheterized.

I thought I should say I went to the urologist yesterday and he examined me and said my urethra is very narrow, so he ordered a cystoscopy and urethral dilatation for today. I had it done it was a very short procedure and I was put under general anesthesia so I didn't feel a thing. Well he said he didn't find anything that required surgery so he just dilated my urethra and told me to call if I am still having trouble. And to anyone who is getting either of the procedures done after the penis stings very little and it burns to pee but it is not bad pain at all, just a little uncomfortable.

I have a very similar issue but have not been to see a doctor yet. Did your dilation resolve the issue for good?