I'm 18 years old and I just recently had a miscarriage. I'm worried because I have been bleeding almost non-stop since the miscarriage. It happened in late August and it's October now. After the miscarriage happened I bled as they said I would, and then it stopped. After a while had my first period and since then I have been bleeding, usually every few days. This has been going on for a little over a month now. I'm not really sure if this is normal, and it worries me because I am afraid something is wrong, not to mention aggravated because I randomly start bleeding and I never know when to be prepared for it. I have no cramps or anything, just bleeding. Is this a sign of something bad? or is it normal to do this after a miscarriage?

My miscarriage occured in late August and I am still bleeding, too (Oct 25). I have had sporatic, dull cramping the whole time with bleeding that varies from heavy to none at all. Last week I ended up in the ER with excruciating abdominal pain. Being a nurse myself, I started to fear the worst. Three ultrasounds did not show any cysts or trace of the placenta. Had there been traces, they could do a D&C. My OB/GYN reviewed my case and determined that there must have been a microscopic cluster of cells stuck in there and recommended Methotrexate. This medication is strong stuff. I go in for follow up blood tests tomorrow so we'll see if it was successful.
Your doctor can explain it more in depth and discuss it as a treatment option if you are interested. Talk to him/her because you will hear all kinds of opinions on the internet.
Good luck!