Alright well the whole story is that I had unprotected sex with my boyfriend about a week and a half ago. My period was suppose to start on April 27th so it was about 5 days late. I was really nervous that I might haven't gotten pregnant even though he said he pulled out. (I know, we'll start using condoms now so I don't get so paranoid...) Anyway, since I was so nervous I did a lot research online and it seemed like I had a lot of the pregnancy symptoms like constipation, small cramps and heart burn like pains that went thru my chest to my back (I never experienced that before). Well then I started to get really bad cramps and finally thought thank god I'm about to get my period! But after researching online, some sites said that miscarriages may happen without the woman knowing and they may just assume it was a late period. So I guess my question is, is there a way to find out what really happened? I'm just curious and probably worrying about nothing but that's how I am. %-)

worrying can cause your period to be late. and you can't really go by symptoms because when you think you are pregnant, you can trick yourself into having the symptoms. your body is very smart. and due to the time you had sex, i would guess that you weren't pregnant, but it's not impossible. i don't think there is a way to know for sure if you had a miscarriage or not.

at this point in you it is not possiable...they actually don't consider it a "miscarriage" persay that early because before implantion if you have a fertilized egg (which happens more often than you would think) its considered a "chemical pregnancy" and the only way to determine if that happened would be before you got your cycle (they might be able to do a quanative blood test to see if there are any traces of hormone but its not really worth the hassle) It is so common that if we all knew when it happened to us everyone would be depressed because the majority of us would have had a "miscarriage" (again, no one calls it that) I know i have had at least 2 already- only because I have worked in a hospital and am very sensitive and have done quanative tests on myself- which is dumb because you get you get your hopes up just to get them shot down...in the grand scheme of things- its better not knowing- which is the main reason why no one has created a pregnancy test that will show prior to a few day before your missed period- and they probably never will....SO many of these "chemical pregnancies" fail. AT least 25% (probably more)