I have just recently miscarried (about two and a half weeks ago) and have had sex twice since then. I am on the pill so I did not think i could get pregnant but in the course of two days i have taken two clear blue digital tests and two first reponse tests. All were negative except for the first clear blue digital test. I am scared. It is hard to think that I am pregnant after being on the pill and just miscarrying so I am wondering what could have happened with that first test. I dont know what to do right now and normally I would not turn to message boards for help but I have no one else to talk to. Please, any information would be greatly appreciated.
Thankyou, Ali

Hi Ali, after miscarrying it can take a while for your hormones to return to normal, if you took the first test while there were still traces a HCG hormone then it is quite possile that this was picked up by the test which is why you tested positive initially. If you were pregnant then the level of hormone actually doubles every day, therefore you would have continued to test positive. As the other tests have been negative and it is so soon since the miscarriage this is very unlikely.
hope this helps.

ive heard it takes a while but im about a week late
im on the pill and i took it straigt through the miscarriage, was i supposed to stop and then start a new pil pack when it was done or did i do the right thing?

No that was right, just continue as you normally would and things should start to return to normal, though if you continue to be concerned see your docotr or just ring them to discuss how you feel.

thank you so much casig
youve helped more than anyone else could
ive taken two more test (one a clea blue digital) and both were negative so im pretty confindent that i am not pregnant again.
I cant thank you enough though for all of your help.

you're welcome, just glad it's helped to put your mind a rest, any further questions just get back to us. casig.

HI I AM CONFUSED. I'VE TAKEN 6 PREGNANCY TEST IN THE PAST 2 WEEKS. THIS PAST MONDAY I GOT A VERY FAINT LINE. WED I WENT TO THE DOCTOR STILL FAINT SO THEY RAN MY LAB WORK TO CHECK THE LEVELS OF MY HCG. TODAY IT CAME BACK AS 10. THEY SAID IT SHOULD DOUBLE EVERY TWO DAYS AND DREW MORE BLOOD TO BE TESTED. 20 MINS LATER WHEN I ARRIVED HOME I TOOK ANOTHER TEST AND LINE BARELY THERE. AND WHEN I WIPED THERE'S BRIGHT RED BLOOD. AM I HAVING A MISCARRIAGE?

not necessarily, it could be implantation bleeding, I suggest you wait until you receive the results of your bloods, or if the bleeding worsens then see your doctor or go to the hospital.