My husband and I have intercourse usually 2 times a week. Last night for the 1st time, I started bleeding during sex. We had not reached actual penetration intercourse at this point. My husband was assisting me with pre-intercourse masturbation penetration and we had gotten a little rough with duration about 30 minutes when my husband stopped and said, "Oh my god honey you are bleeding". It was light red blood, not pink. My husband keeps his nails well manicured so his nails are not an issue and lubrication is not an issue. I had a hysterectomy about 6 yrs ago. This is real scary and I don't know what could have caused this. Any information as to what could have caused this and what I should do would be very much appreciated. Thank You

Hello there! There are many possible reasons for bleeding during sex or bleeding that occurs after intercourse. But bleeding from the vagina either during or just after sexual intercourse is never normal and should always be checked by a doctor. The leading causes of bleeding associated with sex are: inflammation, atrophic vaginitis, sexually transmitted diseases, abnormal growths on the vagina, endometriosis. Some menopausal women bleed after sex because diminishing estrogen levels cause thinning of the vaginal walls, which can become irritated from intercourse. It is possible that you experienced some vaginal or vulvar (outside parts of the genitals) tearing during intercourse. If it was a small amount of blood, it is unlikely that you would have experienced much pain. When women have tearing around the entrance of the vagina, or just inside, healthcare providers sometimes prescribe specific antibiotic ointments in order to reduce the risk of developing an infection.
Here's the site where you can find more information about it https://www.steadyhealth.com/FAQs_Bleeding_during_intercourse_t146640.html