I'm 19 years old. I've been treated for UTI's in the past. This time it feels different. The other day, I had the urge to pee alittle more than usually but no pain and there was no blood. Yesterday morning It was the same thing, I had to pee just alittle more than usual. Then in the afternoon, I went to the bathroom & there was blood so I thought I had just gotten my period. During the night everytime I went to the bathroom there would be blood in my urine. This morning, when I pee there is still urine. Usually my periods are heavy, & when I have my period there is a little blood in my urine & I can tell its just from having my period. I know what a UTI feels like and I know how my period would be like. It doesnt feel like either of them.

Could it be that I do just have my period but its very light?
Do I have a UTI without the pain for the past 2 days?

Hi! I would definitely say it is either a UTI/Bladder/Kidney Infection - thought kidney infections generally have a lot of pain from the back! So you just need to have your urine tested and go on antibiotics! It sounds like you are prone to UTI's so start taking Probiotics or Acidopholus! This helps fight yeast and infections OK? People used to say about drinking Cranberry juice, but lately there have been reports that it doesn't really do anything! But if you increase your intake of water - substantially - then this will flush out your kidneys, bladder and urethra! Good luck and health!

hey there,

like bambie said, i would deffinatly get it checked out an have a urinanlysis/culture and sensitivity done. this will tell if it is an infection and if it is what type of antibiotic will work the best for the bacteria that is causing your infection. make sure you do a "clean catch" the doctor will explaine how to do that but it is important so you do not introduce any foriegn bacteria into your sample which could lead to inaccurate results. if it is an infection please take 100% of your antibiotics as directed. even if you feel fine. we don't need anymore super bugs out there than we already have ;-)
keep us posted!!!!