Hello! I was in the restaurant with my girlfriend the other night and together with our meal we were served a very tasteful dipping sauce. Both me and my girlfriend liked it very much, so at the end of the dinner I’ve asked the server what it was. The server said that it was shoyu sauce. My girlfriend is coming to dinner this weekend and I would like to surprise her with this sauce. So does anyone know what kind of sauce is shoyu and where to get it?

Hello! I totally agree that shoyu sauce is delicious and I also think it is very romantic that you want to surprise your girl. I use this sauce for years and all I know is that it a type of soy sauce. There is also a type known as tamari and plain soy sauce. You can buy shoyu sauce in any better supermarket, but I would recommend that you buy it in some specialty food store since I discovered that it tastes very differently depending on the brand. Look for the organic one- it is always the best choice. Hope I helped you! Enjoy your dinner!

Hi! I guess that previous post explained what you need to know but I will give you some more facts so that you can impress your girlfriend with your knowledge of the sauce you serve her. Shoyu is the Japanese word for soy sauce. It is made of soybeans, roasted wheat, sea salt, and Aspergillus oryzae. It goes through a long period of fermentation. It is said that shoyu soy sauce harmonizes, enhances flavors and bouquet of the food. Sound almost poetic, doesn’t it? Enjoy your meal!