i have a small like pimple thing on the outter part of my vagina it felt like a puss ball sortive, its under the skin and i tried popping it, finally just a little blood came out. could it be anything?

If you are thinking something like an STD, I doubt it. If it is situated on the outer lip, it is most likely a pimple or an ingrown hair, especially because there is some puss. However, I wouldn’t squeeze it and poke it anymore if I were you. You should just leave it like that because it didn’t want to pop on its own. Try applying some warm compresses and see if it becomes poppable.
If the lump is not on the outer but very close to the vaginal opening, you shouldn’t be touching it at all. At both sides of vaginal opening, there are bartolin glands that may get infected and inflamed and appear as cysts filled with puss. If this happens, they can become very painful and hurt like crazy and in that case you may need a surgery to either drain them or remove them.
If the lump doesn’t subside on its own soon, I would see a gyn/dermatologist in order to find out what it is!

thankyou so much!

It seems like i have the same thing. Im very worried it could be an std, but i only have one. It is hard, small, red and wen I tried to pop it nothing came out. Just a little blood. What could this be?

i get the same thing i have no clue what it is... but i have gotten it before but it has gone away and it hurts to pop so i just leave i alone... someone told me it oculd be pms related some how..?? but i guess that could be try because i got my period...

hi, im very worried as i have a large red cyst like ball on my left labia, its about 1cm round and very hard, i could see there was puss in it as there was a little yellw part on the top, it was very painful to touch so i tried to squeeze it and lots of puss came out, first of all yellow puss, then clear watery puss. im incredibly worried, i have made an appointment at the GUM clinic, but thats not till next week, anyone give me some reassuring advice until then?

i get these too. If you have maybe a large labia, if they rub against your clothing this can tend to happen. Also if u dont always wear cotton underwear which lets face it ladies, the non cotton ones are so hard to resist and way cuter hehe, well all those pretty, sexy n cute undies that arent full cotton, they trap in heat down there. so this could cause this too. its like a pimple really. id suggest not popping and warm compresses. id also suggest you DO see your dr, because i am not one and so theres always cases where this could be incorrect. But id say for the most part relax.

I get the same things and I bet it is an old lingering STD that reveals itself when you aggravate the area. I never would get these thing before I became sexually active. Come on how could you get in grown hairs every few months when there is very little hair in that area. I am not sexually active now but I was when I was younger. I bet if a little more research was done on the abcess, it would reveal itself as a STD. I challenge a young doctor out in the community interested in GYN, to use this possible STD for his/her doctoral work. Too many bugs are transfered sexaully that we don't even know. Keep using condoms to prevent these STDs from spreading.

Guest wrote:

thankyou so much!

this was very helpful, thank you

I haven't had sex in two years. Last week I noticed a small pimple like bump. Today I shaved which I haven't done in a while. I was itching when I was finished I noticed three red pimples they do not hurt. What could it be
I do have a strange rash on my arms neck and chest.

I get these red large lumps in the same area every couple of months. I have been to the doctor about it who was Very helpful. She told me that many people have a certain bacteria in their skin that causes these p***y hard lumps To form but it is not from being dirty or sexually transmitted as I'm not sexually active and that some women have the Ph levels that make this reaction! I was prescribed an antibiotic cream that works very well- usually after one day of applying the cream The lump will pop and soon after heel

i had that happen to me, it could be razor burn, but the doctor said i had scarlett fever. they should go away soon.

I'm not sexually active And I get them too. It's not an STD. I think that ilyhe labia gets aggravated from rubbing against clothing or its an ingrown hair. Sometimes they're really painful sometimes not. Either way, mine always go away.