im so glad that others get this. I didn't understand why they were called brain freezes until everybody told me I was strangebecause they never heard of getting them in the should blades

I DO TO OMG I THOUGHT IT WAS JUST ME! it feels like a brain freeze but like in my lower back and kidneys and such

I get back freezes too but recently they've spread so i get them in my head, back and left shoulder. Instead of being painful however, it feels like having an ice pack just under my skin. In fact, when I'm at work and my back hurts, I'll often drink something cold.

Sorry I'm so late with this, But I get it in my back as well and it is painful.. My family say are you sure it's a brain freeze... Yes yes yes!!! After I have anything really cold I also cough a lot after that... Idk we're not alone.

OMG I went out last night and drank a frozen margarita and this HAPPENED TO ME! It felt like I was dying, I never experienced that and had to leave the restaurant

I get one to I always get back freezes

Count me in On a back freeze. So what is the deal. Does anyone know...

Anybody get back freeze without drinking a cold drink? The pain is more in my abdomen than my back and sometimes radiates up to my face. it is a little scary. my dr just laughed it off. that annoyed me.

I also get it in my shoulder every time I drink something cold. Not my brain or Back, but my shoulder. Or when I eat slushies or eat ice. I still don't know why this happens.

I get back pain when I drink cold drinks, I asked my Dr about it and he says it's Ur nerves that are sensitive to cold due to arthritis. Even if u don't have chronic pain u can have arthritis and not even know.

I'm so glad to know there are others out here with back freeze. My twin and I both have it and noone ever understands. They think we are crazy and I say maybe they are. Lol.

Wow i do no what u mean!! I get them all the time i drink my slurpee fast! !! N i really thought i was the only one. My kids get brain freeze n they say im weird cuz i gey back freeze!

First time ever today that I got Brain freeze and lower back pain! Was horrible! I couldn't even drink the rest! It was a cherry slush I bought! Crazy!

I also get a back freeze when eating ice cream my family thinks I'm weird

Omg!! Lol.... exact same for me, in my kidney area, mainly on the left side!! I told my husband and he said I was a weirdo!! Haha!! Keep drinking your margaritas for sure!!