I was just wondering everytime when I drink something cold I do not get brain freeze, but only my back would hurt. It's right along my spine, a little right under my neck in the middle. I need to know is this a major problem?

Thank you for your time

der yang

So, I know you posted this almost two years ago but I had to respond. I thought I was the only one who experienced this, all my friends think I'm crazy when I talk about getting "Brain freeze" in my back.

So I'm not sure if it's anything serious (doubt that it is) but I just wanted to tell you that you aren't alone.

I always get "back freeze" (in my kidneys?) ? when drinking frozen Margaritas. Should I eliminate drinking them? I think not! My husband gets the biggest chuckle out of it.

I just googled and found this. I get it in my lower back on my spine, but I also get the traditional brain freeze along with it.

It's weird and no one knows what I mean. :-(

omg finally i found people with the same thing. why hasn't a doctor replied to this thread yet?

i was just telling my boyfriend about my back freeze today and i was like im not sure if you know what im talking about but i get it all the time, and i was drinking a slurpee at the time and he say i have no idea what you are talking about...lol well i guess its only the back freezers thats will understand one another.

Haha, omg I am not alone. I have never got a brain freeze before so I can't say I now what that feels like, but all my life it goes right to my back. When I tell my friends that I get back freeze they just look at my funny. haha go to know they are other like me. =)

I don't know why but I get back freeze too

im going to the doctor here on tuesday i will mention this as i have the same seering pain, it occurs when i get the brain freeze and lasts the same amount of time. i asked my parents and they think it could be nerves in my back that are messed up cuz i am over weight.
but he pain in the back feels like a spasm and it hurts right between the shoulders and then down to the middle of my back. im worried it could be something more dangerous and ppl want to admit. after i see him and ask i will report back here :-)

I get this all the time too- my boyfriend thinks I'm crazy when I get them, but I have yet to find anything on what they may be..

Soooo glad I am not alone in this. Everytime I have an iced drink at Costa I get this unbearable pain between my shoulders.  My husband has to rub my back for ages (doesn't help really) and people give us strange looks.  Wonder why we get the pain in our backs and not in our heads?

I like my Dad's explanation for it: It goes to the weakest part of your body, so for others, it's their brain, for us, it's our back. :) This happens to myself, my dad, my sister and a niece, so none of you are alone in this.

im shataphukup and i also get back freeze ive never experienced them any other way i was taking to my girlfriend elisa and asked her after getting a back freeze (why do they call these brain freezes and she looked at my like i was b.s. ing with her. i know im a freak but at least i have company brrrrr.

Guest wrote:

I know exactly what you mean... i get them everytime i get a slush from sonic

I get very painful back freeze right down my spine when drinking a ice cold frozen drink. It is so painful sometimes I feel like crying. I have 2 kids and went through the whole labor thing twice and this is so painful on the spine.

Glad I am not the only one in the world.