Hi, I read a post about people having back pain after drinking alcohol, but I don't drink alcohol. The problem is that I get right lower back pain right after i take a drink of any liquids, especially cold liquids. Once i swallow the liquid, as it travels the esophagus, my back gets a short sharp pain. This started about 1 month ago while i was outdoors for a couple of hours. I was hydrating myself during this time. After this i went to eat and took a drink of a cold soda and experienced this pain for the first time. This pain does not occur all the time. Does anyone have any knowledg about what this might be?

I have that too!
Usually it occurs at the same time as brain freeze.

If you figure out what it is, please let me know!

hi there. it happened to me so many times, and the only thing that I really can say is that this back pain and generally chest pain after drinking alcohol is really something that is hard to stand. but, you see, if you are dealing with back pain, it must be that you were drinking a cold liquid. maybe it seems impossible to you, but this can happen as well. Also, there are so many other possibilities, and it can vary, from anything such is acid reflux to hernias, etc. but, you should definitely see your doctor to see what this is. that doesn't mean that you are an alcoholic, it can happen to anyone. 

I have this in the mornings if I drink anything before I eat, I get extremely painful shooting pains around my lower back. I am going to get it checked out soon I shall let you know if I find anything useful. Anybody else experience this?

Same thing here. Sharp stabbing pain after drinking cold drinks (like iced coffee) but really only after I have been working out or, more general, my body temperature has increased. Sometimes coincides with brain freeze but not all the time. Does NOT occur when I am drinking cold water or soda, or anything else when I have NOT been working out. There might be relationship between increased body temperature, increased blood flow through the renal arteries and some response to cold drinks but I sure don't know what it is.