my family is thinking about brain surgery for my brother with ocd. What is the cost, if anyone is familiar?

I found on web that ocd brain surgery costs 18000 bucks.

I had the surgery done. It cost $30 Thousand Dollars, but at that time (1999) there was a way to process it through Canada which made the price only $18 Thousand Dollars. I was lucky though, I approached the insurance company and did not give up until they agreed to pay for the operation themselves. I have written a book on this subject which should be out within the next 6 weeks. If you want a copy, please submit your request to: ******

**this post is edited by moderator ** e-mails not allowed **

hi guest

would you please let me know what was the result of your ocd surgery and if you are healed ? any side effects ? and do you know what they did during the surgery please? If it was capsulotomy?.Thanks in advance.

I am interested in any information about OCD. Somebody is talking about the sugery for OCD. Is this also can be done for 13 year old boy? Do you know which hospital in Canada can do this kind of sugery? Can people recover totaly from the sugery?

Thanks!

Live in S/Africa am 45 years old. ocd has taken over my life.Have tried many types of therapy. Surgery seems a feasible option. Are there any recommendations

Yes i want a copy please suggest me