I’ve noticed abcesses on my skin. They are covered by normal skin, but under the skin there are aggregates of pus. They are tender when touched. Should I take antibiotics? I think that local therapy wouldn’t be helpful. Please tell me if you have any advice.

I had firmed and hard skin abscesses last autumn. They were caused by staphylococci. I had fever and had to take antibiotics. I stayed at home for about 2 weeks. As I know skin abscesses are always some kind of inflammation, so you should have some medications. If I were you, I’d visit my doctor.

I wanted to know what happened in the case of your abcesses. I am a 26 year old female that has been dealing with multiple abscesses since early july 2006. I been to the doctor and the ER so many times that they know me by name. the doctors have no idea what I have. My symptoms are large quarter or larger size abscess that start out are small pimple and pretty much grow larger ina short amount of time. I had most of them on my legs, but now they are appearing on my belly. I am starting to get sick of my doctor saying to just deal with the pain and pretty much go away. Then of course that leads me to wait till that last minute to get help and I am off to the ER in the middle of the might when one of the abscesses open. Mu husband is now also sick of me and how I am always in pain and sick. I have no hope left, that is why I am emailing you to see what I can do.