im 17 years old, 135 lbs and 5feet7inches tall .... but i wear a 34D bra size ... my mom still thinks my bras are too small and insists that i buy DD, but they don't even make pretty and cute bras for that size because they expect older women to have breasts like that ...
nevertheless, my breasts are very big for my age and body type and i was wondering if there is any increased risk of breast cancer because of their size...
there is no history of breast cancer in my family as far as i know...
however, i'm worried that with such a big size, i have more of a chance of my cells and tissue messing up when they replicate and end up forming a tumor ...
i also know that with a bigger size, its harder for me to detect a tumor by a self examination ... and ive seen pamphlets about the selftest ... me and my in-denial-DDs are not going through the tedious process of checking for tumors that could still be beneath all that breast tissue ...

should i worry about breast cancer because i have a large cup size? should i take the precautions and have a mamogram at an earlier age ??

Speaking from someone who has had it, no, it does not. Other factors like stress, obesity, family history... those are things that contribute to it. Mine was estrogen receptive so that had a part to play in it. The omega's 3,6,9 are now found to be a great deterrent in the formation of breast cancer.

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use