Ive started running recently and I like it more than I thought I would. But there is a problem that complicates it a bit. Namely, I dont seem to know how to breathe properly and I usually end up gasping for breath during the training. Are there some breathing exercises for runner beginners? Id like to improve my breathing because I feel pretty exhausted after each training session.

Hello there. What you have noticed is very important because its of vital importance to breathe properly while running not only in order to eliminate that feeling of exhaustion but also in order to make your training more efficient. Youve probably noticed that the main discomfort is not arisen from the pain in your muscles but due to the pain in your chest caused by the inappropriate breathing pattern and thats why people are exhausted, not because they have to move their legs faster. There are several exercises that can improve your breathing and your running consequently. One of the techniques is to breathe very slowly in order to train your body to function efficiently with the slight lack of oxygen, just like swimmers do. Another is to practice deep breathing because it helps to stay relaxed while running and that reduces exhaustion.

or you could just slow down to a pace you could carry on a conversation. try it it works