Hello everyone! Running is my new hobby and I’d like to know something more about schedule. I don’t know how to plan and organize my training in the beginning, until I gain condition. How many times a week am I supposed to train? What are the most important things that I should pay attention to? I wouldn’t like to exhaust my body too much.

Welcome aboard! Don’t be discouraged if you don’t manage to do everything according to a plan. No matter how old you are, it would be recommendable to go to a complete medical check-up. People usually underestimate the importance of medical check-up but not everybody is fit for running. Another important thing is to learn the breathing technique. It’s one of the touchstones of running and once you’ve learned it, you won’t have the problem of being exhausted after the training. I think that you should with three times a week and your first training should be not longer than fifteen minutes. After that, increase that period for five minutes only each time. I know this sounds like too slow development, but that’s the best way to avoid exhaustion and slowly adapt your body to new activity.

As a beginner you want to build up your mileage each week. You should run 4 times a week with one of those runs being your "long run" where you run the most distance at one time.

For example:

Tuesday - 2mile run
Wednesday - 2 mile run
Thursday - 2 mile run
Friday - Rest
Saturday - 5 mile run

So for the week you would of ran 11 miles, slowly increase each week. A general rule of thumb is to increase your weekly mileage by no more than 10%.

If you have any other questions just ask ;)

Good Luck

Tristan