I think I’m a slow runner and that’s so depressing! I’ve been training for over a year, and I’m not satisfied at all with my speed. I’m constantly gasping for breath and everybody on the track runs faster. What to do in order to improve my speed? I’ve been trying so hard and I hoped that within a year that was going to change.

Hey, don’t get upset over something as trivial as speed. I mean, I assume that running is your hobby. I don’t want to say that you shouldn’t take it seriously, but speed is important only if you plan to participate in races. Otherwise, it’s the least important factor. If you like to run and if you notice that running makes you feel better, there’s no need to worry. Only if you have certain unpleasant sensations you should reconsider whether running is a sport for you. Besides, the speed is gradually improving, and don’t expect that you’ll become fast after only a year of practice. Just keep up the good work and the results will come.