Hi, yesterday I did home pregnancy test and it was positive. At the same time I was both happy and scared. The reason for these mixed emotions is the fact that I am suffering from bronchitis. I worry because I don't know whether the medication I have been taking against the bronchitis might have some kind of negative affect on my baby. Can you tell me something about bronchitis during pregnancy?

Hi, I understand your concern. Bronchitis is a serious illness. Being pregnant and having bronchitis at the same time is not making things any better. You did not state the medication that you are taking for the bronchitis, so I will only speculate with the answer. The danger to the baby depends on the drugs you use. If you have only been using bronchodilators to help with the breathing, you have nothing to worry about. This kind of medication does not influence baby's development. But, if you were prescribed with antivirotics to fight the infection, you should talk to the doctor about changing your therapy. The best thing that you can do for your baby's health is to see an accoucheur and tell him about your concerns.