I have for the past 5 months expierencing ear pain in just one side that comes and goes.....mainly comes :'( With this pain i have what feels like nerve pain from within the ear, right down the side of my neck towards my collar bone. My neck feels tender when moving head from side to side. I have also noticed that within my ear, beneath my tragus, what feels like a solid bone mass. Has anyone had similar problems, if so, has anyone been given a diagnoses??? Any comments are welcome :-)

What you described really sounds to me like it could potentially be an ear infection, but then, the pain with ear infections is usually more constant one. Could you please describe what exactly do you mean by "nerve pain"? This really could be the case of reflecting pain - the origin of your pain might be in the ear, but it is quite common that pain that is caused by the tooth or throat reflects to the ear also. Any chance that you visit your doctor to see if this could potentially be an infection?