I'm having severe low back pain since my gallbladder surgery 5 days ago. Although, there is no visible bruising, I feel a bruise on my spine and it's quite painful to shift positions. Could this be caused from overcompensating for my stomach muscles?
It is debilitating. I can't walk far, I can't sit long and it's excruciating to bend.
Anybody else have similar symptoms? How long did the symptoms last? I really don't want to continue taking medication to sleep at night.

Had mine out June/10. It is quite normal to feel back pain. I had to sleep in an upright position for 5 or 6 days. The incisions are through abdominal muscle so you can't use them properly for a while. Since you need your abdominal muscles to support your back, this will also add to back pain. The back pain is basically referred pain from the liver, (and sometimes from your pancreas if your pancreas was irritated during the surgery or during the gallbladder attack) to your back. This initial intense pain will get better but I still have pain off and on, not as bad as immediately after the surgery but still quite sore, ranging from lower back up to my neck but usually on the right side. Are you taking any meds? My surgeon told me 6 weeks to heal but it has been 3 months and my system is still not right. 6 weeks are for the incisions to heal but everyone is different. I have friends that needed 6 months to 1 year to get better. Your gallbladder is not a reduntant organ like the appendix. It had an important function. It is now gone and your liver can now dump bile into your duodenum at anytime. This too can be irritating to the gut, especially if it occurs when you haven't eaten. You may also produce too little or too much bile. What I have come to understand is that it will take some time for some individuals to have the brain and liver get in sync with bile production during meals. The internet is full of forums of thousands of people who are suffering one way or another after gallbladder surgery but remember this, they are all different. Your situation will be unique because there is no one else out there like you. Give it time. When your abdomen feels better, that is, you can pull yourself up from a flat position to a sitting position with little or no pain, start the abdominal exercises, and always bend the knees when reaching down for things. If possible, stay away from meds for back or pain especially if they are metabolized by the liver. You don't need to stress it anymore.

im having the same symptons as yourself,i cant walk far or sit too long sleeping is a nightmare and bending is a no no.i had my surgery a week ago and im living on painkillers im at my witts end,i dont know what else to do :'(

I have EXACTLY the same thing. Its been 3 weeks now since surgery and I seem to be getting worst. Last weekend, it was my tendon in my ankle that was hurting so bad, I couldn't walk unless I dragged my foot sideways behind me, and for no reason. Did nothing to it. 3 days later its getting better. Today, I have a sore neck!! Like a spasm, but Ibuprufen does nothing. And my back seems like a permanent problems. Can't wait for the Doc to come back from holidays.